LB and RB boundaries (170 Views)
Advisor
pistolero
Message 1 of 7 (170 Views)
Accepted Solution

LB and RB boundaries

supposed this is the response ive got to the web server and i want to capture the specific error code what would be my LB and RB(kinda rusty i keep getting No match found for the requested parameter)

":"1","errors":[{"code":"X12345FZ","message":"Unable to process your request

i tried

web_reg_save_param("trial",
                "LB=code":",
                "RB=",
                LAST);

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
LoadRunner421
Message 2 of 7 (144 Views)

Re: LB and RB boundaries

[ Edited ]

You have to use the escape character (\) for the quotes.  

Also, how come your LoadRunner mentor wasn't able to answer this? You clearly should not be left alone with LoadRunner so I'm assuming they put you with a mentor....If they didn't then you need to get one immediatetly because if you weren't able to figure this out on your own then you're going to have a million other questions.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Suerte13cr
Message 3 of 7 (137 Views)

I would do it like this:

web_reg_save_param("trial",
                "LB=code\":\"",
                "RB=\"",
                LAST);

Regards,

Mario M.

HP LR/PC Support

If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.

LoadRunner:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Customer/bd-p/loadrunner-support-customer-forum

Performance Center:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Performance-Center-Support/bd-p/performance-center-support-customer

How to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ChlysWupWM

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
pistolero
Message 4 of 7 (134 Views)

unfortunately we dont have "mentors/partners" the guy that im often talking with went on leave and all of a sudden one of my project(s) got operational and wants a similar script to what he has.(not using loadrunner different tool that you can test for soap requests). so i only rely on manuals/forums
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
LoadRunner421
Message 5 of 7 (132 Views)

I see. Well that's pretty scary to have untrained/unmentored people doing performance testing. Imagine if instead of teaching and mentoring new drivers we just put them behind the wheel. The consequences aren't as bad in performance testing but you get the idea haha.

I'm just saying this because I wasn't trained properly and for the first year I produced some test results yes, but they were completely invalid because I didn't design the load correctly. So we produced some numbers and went with them, but I didn't know the numbers weren't valid until I learned more about performance testing. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pistolero
Message 6 of 7 (126 Views)

exactly...thats actually our proposal but unfortunately there are things going on lately that is more important. most project teams treat us like coders/functional testers/people who just run the script to apply load while they do their tuning/investigation. other than that our group doesnt provide future assessment to the application/software. we're even lucky if they listen to our advice or look at our report after the test run lolz

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
LoadRunner421
Message 7 of 7 (109 Views)

Sounds like you're what I was at the beginning, a script monkey! But if you asked for training and got denied then I guess your A is covered because if anyone complains about your work you can just say "We asked for training and got denied"

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation