Re: Issues with Ajax TruClient in Vugen 11.52 patch1 (3391 Views)
Advisor
Spirk Jakub
Message 1 of 21 (3,687 Views)

Issues with Ajax TruClient in Vugen 11.52 patch1

Hello,

I have an issue with Ajax TruClient Firefox protocol - it seems like the link between vugen and ff extension is not working - on attachments 2.png and 3.png are screenshots of script being opened in vugen and then after clicking on develop. The same behavior is with the new script - I record it, but when I try to save it, it wont save. The worst thing is it used to work on the same machine couple of weeks ago and now it's not even after reinstalling perf center host. Ajax TrueClient for IE seems to work fine, its only the firefox version causing these problems. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thank you very much.

Jakub Spirk

HP Expert
Editus
Message 2 of 21 (3,610 Views)

Re: Issues with Ajax TruClient in Vugen 11.52 patch1

[ Edited ]

Hello

can you please send any script showing this behavior, it looks like an environment issue, but I would like to verify.

Beside, can you please clarify if this is LoadRunner or Vugen SA and you windows version, are you local administrator?

regards 

Regular Advisor
SanjeevR
Message 3 of 21 (3,544 Views)

were you able to resolve the issue.?

Occasional Advisor
GMANDD
Message 4 of 21 (3,457 Views)

Hello Jakub,

Did you get some resolution on this issue. I am having the same problem and unable to record anything in Ajax truclient and like you mentioned it worked on the first day and then it stopped working.

I see the script getting recorded but cannot replay or save and nothing gets sent back to VUGEN. I just have a blank script. Other thing I have observed is the windows wait icon spinning in front of VUGEN like its waiting for something to happen.

Any help would be really appreciated

HP Expert
Guy_Rosenthal
Message 5 of 21 (3,443 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Is it an upgrade from 11.52/11.51?

Could you please send the console log (CTRL+SHIFT+J when the browser is up)?

Also, close VuGen and the Browser. Go to %appdata%/Hewlett-Packard/LoadRunner/ and delete web2 folder.

Guy Rosenthal
TruClient RnD Team Manager
TruClient-StormRunner Load RnD
Occasional Advisor
GMANDD
Message 6 of 21 (3,426 Views)

Attached is the word file with all details. I tried the fix you have mentioned in the post above and it still doesnt work.

This was an upgrade from ALM/PC V11 to ALM/PC V11.50, then applied patch 00291 to get to V11.52, followed by patch 00292 to get to V11.52 patch 01.

The wierd thing is it works perfectly fine for a day or 2, after the initial install and after that it stops working. Doesnt work even after I uninstall and reinstall on that machine from then on.

HP Expert
GalShadeck
Message 7 of 21 (3,401 Views)

Hi,

We still suspect that the problem may be in the installation process. Perhaps one or more files failed to get registered. In order to check this, please perform the following steps:

1. go to %temp% folder (aka "C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Temp")

2. find the file named LoadRunner.log

3. open it

4. look for the following sentence: "Complete executing deffered CA with error 3"

If you find something like this, please send us the log file and we'll investigate the issue.

Thanks!

Gal, LoadRunner R&D

Occasional Advisor
GMANDD
Message 8 of 21 (3,394 Views)

Hello Gal,

I checked for  "Complete executing deffered CA with error 3" in the PChost.log and did not find it. But i see the below error messages frequently in the HP.LR.Vugen log. Please provide me with an email address and I can send you these logs.

2013-11-01 15:58:40,567 UTT [ 1] ERROR - The target file C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard\LoadRunner\Web2\lrweb2_master_prefs.json already exists and will not be overwritten
2013-11-01 15:58:40,567 UTT [ 1] ERROR - The target file C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard\LoadRunner\Web2\lrweb2_user_prefs.json already exists and will not be overwritten
2013-11-01 16:05:34,523 UTT [ 1] ERROR - The target file C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard\LoadRunner\Web2\lrweb2_master_prefs.json already exists and will not be overwritten
2013-11-01 16:05:34,523 UTT [ 1] ERROR - The target file C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard\LoadRunner\Web2\lrweb2_user_prefs.json already exists and will not be overwritten
2013-11-04 08:32:02,171 UTT [ 1] ERROR - Failed to convert "0" to type System.Int32.
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToInt32(IFormatProvider provider)
at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)
at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType)
at HP.Utt.Common.ConversionUtils.SafeConvertTo(Object inputValue, Type targetType, Object& outputValue) in e:\LT\UTT\win32_release\11.52.107.2\src\Infra\app\UTTCommon\ConversionUtils.cs:line 34
2013-11-04 08:32:17,055 UTT [ 1] ERROR - Failed to convert "0" to type System.Int32.
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToInt32(IFormatProvider provider)
at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)
at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType)
at HP.Utt.Common.ConversionUtils.SafeConvertTo(Object inputValue, Type targetType, Object& outputValue) in e:\LT\UTT\win32_release\11.52.107.2\src\Infra\app\UTTCommon\ConversionUtils.cs:line 34

Occasional Advisor
GMANDD
Message 9 of 21 (3,391 Views)

I also see this DataCollectionAgent throwing a lot of errors in the event log. This might not be related to the issue, i am having but I am sending this just for reference.

eventlog.PNG

Occasional Visitor
NCLoadRunnerGuy
Message 10 of 21 (3,253 Views)

GMANDD,

I am having the same issue. How were you able to resolve this?

Thanks.

HP Expert
Editus
Message 11 of 21 (3,229 Views)

Hello

Check on the FF version, I saw this same behavior last week and it was becasue the TC FF got updated, it that is your situation I guess you need to reinstall.

regards

Occasional Advisor
Gerrie_2
Message 12 of 21 (3,010 Views)

Can anyone please confirm where to start with mobile recording against an Android emulator (sdk)

I have not used loadrunner for mobile performance and used the mobile ajax tru client but when starting a recording do not see an emulator...

I have an idea on how to install the apk on the emulator...

What is the process for recording?

Do I need to have a specific add in installed in vUgen to connect the the sdk?

Please advise....

Regular Advisor
SanjeevR
Message 13 of 21 (2,854 Views)

We were having same issue where we were not able to save Ajax Trclient FF script. Now our issue has been resolved

Occasional Visitor
Shilpade_b
Message 14 of 21 (2,409 Views)

Hi,

I am facing the same issue on my desktop. I am able to record the script and replay it successfully but  vugen hangs when I try to save the script. As a result it only partially saves the scirpt with most files missing. The LR version  is 11.52 and I use the firefox browser to script. I have tried re installing LR and other solutions mentioned in this forum but nothing worked. Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Shilpa

Occasional Visitor
Shilpade_b
Message 15 of 21 (2,406 Views)

Hi Sanjeev,

Could you let me know how did you get this issue resolved.

Thanks,

Shilpa

Regular Advisor
SanjeevR
Message 16 of 21 (2,398 Views)

Our issue was resolved when we changed the variables.

Earlier we had the env. variables set as D:\HP\Performance Center Host\bin as our HP Performance Center Host was installed on D drive under HP\PC host folder.

We changed the env variabl to :

C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;D:\HP\Performance Center Host\bin

and it worked.

see the attachement

HP Expert
Guy_Rosenthal
Message 17 of 21 (2,372 Views)

Hi,

I want to emphasize that sanjeevR issue was that the PATH env variable on the machine was lacking crucial MS Windows paths which might be problematic to other applications as well (regardless to LoadRunner).

In most cases it is related to the fact that FF version was mistakenly updated. In that case we recomend to replace the whole %LR_PATH%/bin/firefox folder with the one from the installation.

Guy Rosenthal
Regular Advisor
SanjeevR
Message 18 of 21 (2,355 Views)

Thanks for your update. I really didnt got this point-

"In most cases it is related to the fact that FF version was mistakenly updated. In that case we recomend to replace the whole %LR_PATH%/bin/firefox folder with the one from the installation."

Could yuo please elaborate and what are exact setps we need to to follow incase FF has been mistakenly updated.

Thanks again for your help.

-Sanjeev

HP Expert
Guy_Rosenthal
Message 19 of 21 (2,352 Views)

Hi,

Yes. TruClient FF blocks the ability to update the browser version from the browser itself. However in some occasions we have witnessed that some customer have bypassed it either intentionally or mistaknely.

In any case if you encounter such problem this is one of the suggested solution but not recomnded without making sure this is the case (check the browser version...). If the broswer version is not fitted with the TruClient and LR PAM this might be the issue. Follow what I wrote in the post before: "In that case we recomend to replace the whole %LR_PATH%/bin/firefox folder with the one from the installation."

Guy Rosenthal
HP Expert
Guy_Rosenthal
Message 20 of 21 (978 Views)

Hi Amit,

For the next time kindly open a new question thread as your question is not relevant to this one and it make the searching and indexing of this forum harder.

As for your question:

TC IE uses the installed IE on the machine. I wonder which IE options you want to alter and why?

Thanks,

Guy Rosenthal
Occasional Contributor
Amit_Patidar
Message 21 of 21 (939 Views)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.