Re: Internal Error - ptVUserVars->_hDfePE is unexpectedly NOT NULL (620 Views)
Occasional Advisor
HenriqueAbreu
Message 1 of 5 (656 Views)

Internal Error - ptVUserVars->_hDfePE is unexpectedly NOT NULL

I've just recorded a Web-HTTP/HTML script in URL mode (LoadRunner 11.52 build 4391).

It automatically adds web_concurrent_start(NULL); and web_concurrent_end(NULL); calls.

But it seems that everytime that a web_url or any other "web_" call is outside a concurrent "section" it fails to replay with this error:

Fatal Error -26499: Internal Error - ptVUserVars->_hDfePE is unexpectedly NOT NULL after xfeLrwSrvNetTaskItemPrimaryCreate. [MsgId: MERR-26499]

I'm new to LoadRunner, so I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if this is intended by design. But if so, then the recorder should not create such situations. Also, this error message could be a lot clearer, I found it tough to figure this out.

Valued Contributor
Moshka
Message 2 of 5 (620 Views)

Re: Internal Error - ptVUserVars->_hDfePE is unexpectedly NOT NULL

Hi,
Do you have any web_reg_* steps inside the web_concurrent_group section?
LoadRunner DEV Eng.
LoadRunner - your performance, our passion!
Occasional Advisor
HenriqueAbreu
Message 3 of 5 (609 Views)

Yes, there's some web_reg_* inside and others out.

Do you think that may be the reason? I'll to make sure none are inside and will get back here shortly.

Anyway, just to be more clear.  The issue is with the calls that are outside, like exemplified by the code below:

web_concurrent_start(NULL);

web_url("image.gif", "more", "parameters", LAST);
web_url("print.css", "parameters", LAST);
web_url("code.js", "parameters", LAST);

web_concurrent_end(NULL);

web_url("Example.jsp", "this one fails", LAST);

Occasional Advisor
HenriqueAbreu
Message 4 of 5 (604 Views)

Ok, I moved all web_reg_* calls outside the concurrent groups. It still failed with the same error, but on a web_url call way further into my script (also outside a concurrent section). This got head-scratching... why the first calls were ok?

I notice that the call that failed was the first one outside a concurrent section after a call that had weg_regs before it, but the web_url itself was inside a concurrent section. So I also moved it out and replayed.

The script ran further and failed near the end. Same situation, a web_reg_save_param_regexp call outside a concurrent group but the matching web_submit_data inside one. I moved it outside, and the script ran successfully.

I'm not sure though which solution is preferred or easier to do:

1 - wrap all calls into concurrent sections; or

2 - remove all web_reg_ calls and its subsequent web_[url, submit_data, etc] outside concurrent sections.

Do you have any advise on those?

Occasional Advisor
Anubhav Bansal
Message 5 of 5 (298 Views)

[ Edited ]

Can someone from LR support; please conclude the topic with suitable reply to the quiestion.

--
Regards
Anubhav Bansal

You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down - Ray Bradbury
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.