Re: If I have IE 8 on my machine , during replay can I make the script to emulate on IE9? (960 Views)
Respected Contributor
Srihari_Amgen
Message 1 of 4 (1,013 Views)
Accepted Solution

If I have IE 8 on my machine , during replay can I make the script to emulate on IE9?

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

Suppose if I have IE8 on my machine.

can I emulate the script replay by selecting IE9 in the browser emulation of the Vuser -> Run Time settings?

I am not able to view IE9 when I have IE8 installed on my system.

User having IE8 on the system is unable to select the custom browser value "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/5.0) "

The only value displayed is "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0 to msie 8.0; Windows NT)".

Please find the attached screen shots.

Please advise.

If we have a IE browser with version X we can only emulate its lower versions , we cannot emulate the script , by selecting IE browser version X+1 ; is this statement correct?

Regards,
Srihari
Respected Contributor
Srihari_Amgen
Message 2 of 4 (989 Views)

Re: If I have IE 8 on my machine , during replay can I make the script to emulate on IE9?

I installed IE9 on the laptop and now I am able to view "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/5.0) "" value in the custom browser field.

Cant we replay the script recorded with higher version if we have a lower version of IE installed on our machine?

Suppose if a script is recorded on IE9 using Vugen 11.0 and Patch 4 by the tester and if he wants to execute this test, does he need to have IE9 on the load generator?

Please advise.

Regards,

Srihari

Respected Contributor
Srihari_Amgen
Message 3 of 4 (972 Views)

Re: If I have IE 8 on my machine , during replay can I make the script to emulate on IE9?

can any one please provide some thoughts on this question.

I have IE8 on my machine and I recorded simple web/Http protocol script using Vugen 11.0 patch 4.

Is it possible to replay this web script with IE9 emulation without updating IE8 to IE9 on my machine?

Is emulation of scripts on higher version of IE during replay is possible when the recorded script is with lower IE version and that too having lower IE version installed on the machine?

Can we directly copy the value of "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/5.0) " to the custom browser field to emulate the script on IE9?     

Please let me know in case of any confusion or if some more information is required.

Regards,

Srihari

HP Expert
JerryYin
Message 4 of 4 (960 Views)

Runing a script does not rely on the IE version you installed.

You may just change the user-agent to emulate different version of IE.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.