Re: IP wizard does not support DHCP - enabled networks (536 Views)
Occasional Advisor
CNUNEW
Message 1 of 6 (1,394 Views)

IP wizard does not support DHCP - enabled networks

Hi,

I am trying to configure Load Generators with multiple IPs using IP wizard and I am getting message "The IP wizard doesn't support DHCP enabled network cards". Do I need to get the static IPs for these generators? and what else do I need to take care of in order to set up IP Spoofing? And also when I look at the supported protocols for IP Spoofing I don't see WEB(Click and Script) but see Web(HTTP/HTML). Does this support Click and Script as well?

Thanks in advance!!
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
KMadan
Message 2 of 6 (1,388 Views)

Re: IP wizard does not support DHCP - enabled networks

IP Spoofing is not supported on DHCP Enabled network. You need to have static ip only.

Madan
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
CharlesDWM
Message 3 of 6 (1,297 Views)

Bug Title
IPWizard.exe  Checks Disabled NICs when it Should Not, Throws a Misleading Error Message, and Will not Start, Prevents IP Spoofing from Working

Expected Behavior
If there are disabled NICs in a server, IPWizard.exe  should not check them at all when it starts up.

Actual Behavior
When there are disabled NICs in a server, IPWizard.exe checks them and determines that the server is using DHCP (the NIC is not really using DHCP because no IP addresses are assigned since the NIC is disabled). IPWizard.exe will not start and pops up an error message saying “The IP Wizard Does not support DHCP enabled cards. Your cards are either network enabled or configured with invalid settings. Please contact your system administrator.” This is wrong since the card is not actually *enabled*.

Steps to Reproduce
• Set up a server with two network interface cards.
• Assign a static IP address to one NIC
• Disable the other NIC. (The Windows default setting is DHCP enabled, so this NIC will be “DHCP enabled,” but it will not have an IP address  because it is disabled)
• Go to the LoadRunner\bin directory and double click on IPWizard.exe .
• A message box will pop up saying:
• “The IP Wizard Does not support DHCP enabled cards. Your cards are either network enabled or configured with invalid settings. Please contact your system administrator.”
• 
• Now assign a static IP address to the disabled NIC (we assigned the same IP address as the working NIC, but it could be any IP address.)
• Double-click on IPWizard.exe.
• IPWizard.exe will now start.

Additional Information
• This machine has HP NC551i Dual Port FlexFabic 10GB Converged Network Adapters.
• It is also using HP Teaming
• The OS is Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

A work-around for this is to assigned an IP address to the disabled card, but this is not a good solution since a user error might enable the NIC.

Comment:    Another work around for this is to assign the 169.x.x.x address to the disabled NICs. This is a little bit safer.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
JFMullens
Message 4 of 6 (1,095 Views)

Bumping an old post up a bit:

Just ran into this issue on a new Load Generator installation. Systems in question have 4 NICs and are running Windows 2008 Server R2. One NIC is statically set to an address in our Class B network and is enabled; the others are set to Class C addresses with a default gateway on the same Class C segment. These are set Disabled. IPV6 has been disabled on all adapters.

Still no joy - the IP Wizard utility keeps returning the same "does not support..." message.

Short of physically disabling the unneeded adapters in BIOS, is there another method by which this condition can be fixed?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ddayal86
Message 5 of 6 (536 Views)

I did observe this message after clicking on "IPWizard.exe" But when you run it as "Run as Administrator" message not going to appear again. You must have administrative permission to use it.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
shivajidatta
Message 6 of 6 (362 Views)

That works!

Thanks a lot!!!

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation