How to calculate bandwidth speed when selected "use maximum bandwidth" option? (365 Views)
Occasional Contributor
PraveenDama
Message 1 of 3 (365 Views)

How to calculate bandwidth speed when selected "use maximum bandwidth" option?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have perfomed load test with 100 Vusers by selecting 'use maximum bandwidth'  option in the runtime settings and network link speed was 1 GBPS.  I would like to know how much bandwidth speed was used for my load test from 100 GBPS link speed?

Thanks,

Praveen Dama

HP Expert
LeonidPekel
Message 2 of 3 (315 Views)

Re: How to calculate bandwidth speed when selected "use maximum bandwidth" option?

Hi,

There is 2 options to know actual bandwidth utilization during load test.

1. You can monitor network utilization if it applicable.

2. Another option is just calculate it basing on Throughput, reported by all vusers. Multiply average throughput value (in bytes) on 10 and you will get approximate bandwidth utilization in bps.

Thanks,

Leonid Pekel.

HP Expert
Editus
Message 3 of 3 (291 Views)

Re: How to calculate bandwidth speed when selected "use maximum bandwidth" option?

The only real way to know this really accurate is intgrating LR to Shunra and monitor network utilization, LoadRunner by Itself can monitor few things like network delay, but it cannot tell you how much bandwidht you used, not sure if sitescope provides any kind of monitor for this.

hope this helps
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.