Re: Hot keys (Shortcuts) not working with Vugen Recording (284 Views)
Occasional Contributor
TMexCan
Message 1 of 6 (304 Views)

Hot keys (Shortcuts) not working with Vugen Recording

Working with LoadRunner 11.x and XenApp 6.5 and trying to record some scripts with hot keys.    When we invoke the Citrix session the hot keys are executed locally not in the citrix session.

When we invoke the ica file outside of Vugen it comes up full screen and hot keys work fine.     We must be missing a setting but I cannot seem to find it.

HP Expert
Editus
Message 2 of 6 (284 Views)

Re: Hot keys (Shortcuts) not working with Vugen Recording

Hello
It looks like the hotkeys actions are not recorded, can you please let us know your LoadRunner exact version and the ICA client installed version as well, this could be a defect already fixed on newer versions or a compatibility issue with the client.

regards
Occasional Contributor
TMexCan
Message 3 of 6 (273 Views)

Below are the details.    when we launch without VuGen we go full screen and all the keys work.   Launch with VuGen and we cannot seem to get the taskbar on the local machine to hide so short cut (hot) keys are executed on local machine.

We are running the HP Virtual User Generator 11.50 Build 2216.    We are running the Citrix plugin version 13.4.0.25.

The ICA file is as follows:

[Encoding]
InputEncoding = ISO8859_1
[WFClient]
Version=2
RemoveICAFile=No
ProxyType=Auto
HttpBrowserAddress=barleywine:8080
ConnectionBar=0

[ApplicationServers]
barleywine=

[XSSA0013]
Address=barleywine
InitialProgram=
CGPAddress=*:2598
ClientAudio=On
DesiredColor=8
DesiredHRes = 4294967295
DesiredVRes = 4294967295
DesiredWinType=7
TWIMode = False
KeyboardTimer = 0
MouseTimer = 0
ConnectionBar=0
Username=100070779
Domain=Porter
ClearPassword=lambic
TransportDriver=TCP/IP
WinStationDriver=ICA 3.0
BrowserProtocol=HTTPonTCP
Compress=On
EncryptionLevelSession=Encrypt
[Encrypt]
DriverNameWin32=PDCRYPTN.DLL
DriverNameWin16=PDCRYPTW.DLL
[Compress]
DriverName=PDCOMP.DLL
DriverNameWin16=PDCOMPW.DLL
DriverNameWin32=PDCOMPN.DLL

Occasional Contributor
TMexCan
Message 4 of 6 (268 Views)

Just to clarify my post.   When we go full screen we can utilze windows hot keys to excute commands including the windows key.    We invoke vugen and the local machine taskbar is still visible and hot keys are executed on local machine not citrix session.

HP Expert
Editus
Message 5 of 6 (253 Views)

that is client side activity, it cant be recorded so it will not come on replay, but let me double check, I might be wrong.
Occasional Contributor
TMexCan
Message 6 of 6 (250 Views)

I thought LoadRunner will capture hot key activity as from what I have read the preferred method to invoke actions is to hot key as there can be more issues with mouse capture.    As I said hot keys in full screen with VuGen not running work fine as the ICA file launches Citrix in full screen mode.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.