Re: Has anyone ever succesfully tested an application which has bodyBinary Hex code generated in Vug (260 Views)
Regular Advisor
LoadRunner421
Message 1 of 7 (306 Views)

Has anyone ever succesfully tested an application which has bodyBinary Hex code generated in Vugen?

I have an application that when recorded, produces unreadable hexadecimal code in the web_cutom_requests:

_webresult = lrapi.web.custom_request("EJBInvoker", 
        "URL=https://{URL}/servlet/EJBInvoker", new String[]{ 
        "Method=POST", 
        "TargetFrame=", 
        "Resource=0", 
        "RecContentType=text/html", 
        "Referer=", 
        "Snapshot=t26.inf", 
        "Mode=HTML", 
// Suspected parameterization in next line. If true make sure to substitute {} with proper parameter braces on the parameter
        "BodyBinary=\\x1F\\x8B\\x08\\x00\\x00\\x00\\x00\\x00\\x00\\x00u\\x91\\xC1\n\\xC20\\x0C\\x86\\x9F\\xA6'Q\\xE6z\\xF1\\x1A\\xDA\\xD4\r\\x9C\\xD36=\\xEF\\xE0D\\x04\\x9D0A||33\\xB6\\xA9xi\\xF3\\xFDI\\xF8\\x93Vi\\xA3\\xB4{^/\\xB3\\xC7\\xB1\\xBD\\x9Fo\\x8D\\xD2V\\xA5\\xE9r\\x91\\xF09;6\\x87[}nN\"Fr\\xF3\\x15\\xDF\\xDC\\xA04*m<\\xEE#\\x06\\x120\\xE5\\x96|\\xB9\\x01\\x8F B\\x81\\x94\\x95\\x96c\\xEB\\xAA5Re|N\\xE8s\\xA86y\\xD7cT\\xEA\\x86\\x12\\xC6\\x188\\xD9\\xC5\\xF5\\xA3N.\\xAD\\x14\\x0C\"c " +
        "\\xA0\\x188N$7\\xB0\\xE0\\x8F\\xBF\\x05\\x82\\x91\\xF2\\xED.\\xF6\\x93f\\x08\\x16\\xBD\\xC4\\xAE\\xF4h \\xF0`\\xD5\\x8F\\xF9w\\xAE[\\xB2\\xDF\\xE1\\xCD\\xFD\\x1C\\x1F\\x9AHS\\x07\\xC6\\x897\\xD3\\xE7\\\\\\x05\\x86\\x00k\\x947\\x99\\x08C\\xF9\\x1F\\x1E\\x1BX\\x1B?\\xE2\\x05\\x95\n?_\\xD0\\x01\\x00\\x00", 
        LAST})    // couldn't decode request from body, couldn't decode response from body
;

Now obviously that makes paramaterization, content checking and correlation very hard. (Because I don't know which spots to paramaterize and I don't know which text to check for in web_reg_find).

I've been searching extensively online about ways to decode this jibberish. I've tried placing the application JAR's into the classpath section in the recording options (When using java over http) but it doesn't seem to help.

Has anyone actually managed to test an application that communicates like this? I see a lot of people online asking the question on how to handle this but I don't see any solution. 

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
shiv_p
Message 2 of 7 (278 Views)

Re: Has anyone ever succesfully tested an application which has bodyBinary Hex code generated in Vug

I failed miserably when I tried to include the JAR's into the classpath...I haven't heard of any success when working with JoH.

I could succeed to record using web http protocol...Altough the request was in binary...I could see post details (ex: acc number, names etc..) and hence could paramaterize.

What's your application environment?
It's good to sit with architect and understand the protocol communication, and how they decode such requests on server?
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
LoadRunner421
Message 3 of 7 (271 Views)

Re: Has anyone ever succesfully tested an application which has bodyBinary Hex code generated in Vug

Thanks for your reply. The application team says the app is using GZIP and that's the cause. I didn't think that was the primary cause though because I thought LoadRunner handled GZIP automatically but I may just be making a bad assumption.

What do you mean when you say you could see the post details? If the request was binary where did you see the details, in the replay log you mean?

I sent the application team what I am seeing and they asked if LoadRunner supports GZIP so I assume that's how they are decoding it on the server. Or maybe I need more information from them...

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
shiv_p
Message 4 of 7 (263 Views)

In my case, it was not completely binary...Dev team informed me app communicates via java objects and they helped me to identify the dynamic parameters and how the request parameters were posted.

Pls check suggestion from Shane Evans

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Forum/Editing-gzipstream-encoded-XML/td-p/5573435
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
JürgenHe
Message 5 of 7 (260 Views)

Hi,

when you now how to decode you can use Data Format Extensions to decode. But be warned then you go into a very difficult area of Loadrunner.....

Best regards,

Jürgen

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
GalShadeck
Message 6 of 7 (235 Views)

[ Edited ]

Regarding DFE usability - we're conntinuously working to improve it. Our coming release (11.52, due out in about a month) features an option to apply DFE decoding to a single string within a script (without a need for re-generation), improved extensions management and a completely re-written user manual.

Gal Shadeck, LoadRunner R&D

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
LoadRunner421
Message 7 of 7 (227 Views)

That sounds good, not sure if it will solve my problem but maybe it will.

Does anyone know if LoadRunner supports GZIP? According to the project team, GZIP is the cause of the hexadecimal code and they are asking "Does Loadrunner support unzipping the content?

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation