HP load Runner 11.0 Protocol to be used for Adobe CQ5 application (374 Views)
Occasional Contributor
karthikt1
Message 1 of 5 (374 Views)

HP load Runner 11.0 Protocol to be used for Adobe CQ5 application

Hi,

Please suggest protoclols to be used for recording scripts of an apllication built using Adobe CQ5 technology..

Also advise if Flex and web protocols will suit this.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Suerte13cr
Message 2 of 5 (363 Views)

Re: HP load Runner 11.0 Protocol to be used for Adobe CQ5 application

You would need to find out what kind of communication protocol it uses. If it uses flex communication then it could be recorded with Flex protocol.

Regards,

Mario M.

HP LR/PC Support

If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.

LoadRunner:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Customer/bd-p/loadrunner-support-customer-forum

Performance Center:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Performance-Center-Support/bd-p/performance-center-support-customer

How to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ChlysWupWM

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
karthikt1
Message 3 of 5 (353 Views)

Thanks Mario. I will check on that and update.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Timo_S
Message 4 of 5 (278 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've got the same problems creating a VuGen script for Adobe CQ5. Checking several settings using Web protocols and Flex within VuGen 11.5 I also found out that Flex (Recording = URL-based script, Correlation Rules = Flex) was the most successful method.

It seems that the webpage itself contains only the framwork (layout and some JavaScripts). A lot of content will be delivered via *.JSON requests dynamically. And that's the real challenge: You have to find the right *.JSON requests which are responsible for building the content you have to check.

It's probably easier if you use the TrueClient but I haven't got any experience using this tool. Anyone out there who has managed to create a VuGen script for Adobe CQ5?

Thx and kind regards,

Timo

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Timo_S
Message 5 of 5 (240 Views)

Hi,

it's possible to create a script using the TruClient. I think this will work best.

However, our script is working fine in interactive mode but it fails in load mode (cannot find the DOM objects of CQ5).

Seems a lot of people are facing this problem: Ajax TruClient IE 9.0 -- 'failed - target object was not found’

Regards,

Timo

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation