Re: Flex Recording (527 Views)
Advisor
Barry Alkis
Message 1 of 7 (575 Views)

Flex Recording

First, I will say that this is the first time I am trying to record a Flex app.

I have read various information that has been posted about the setup.  I added pointers to the JAR files and did the other setup and ran into various issues.

I made fixes to those issues and recorded again and am now down to the following error.  Any help would be appreciated.

Description Details:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file

Call stack can be found in Code Generation log.

Recommended Operation Details:

Check your java code and call stack.

Barry

HP Expert
Editus
Message 2 of 7 (559 Views)

Re: Flex Recording

Hello Barry

Check on this KB

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM900364

If you are using Java 1.7, depending on the Vugen version this is not supported, so you may want to also downgrade to Java 1.6

hope this helps.

regards

Advisor
Barry Alkis
Message 3 of 7 (556 Views)

Thanks, i'll take a look at it.  Only problem is the application was developed/compiled/generated using JAVA 1.0.7_17.

Advisor
Barry Alkis
Message 4 of 7 (555 Views)

From the KB

First  workaround:

Navigate to the LR install directory and locate a directory named JRE. Rename this directory and move it to a different location on the same machine. Next, copy the jre 1.6 directory from the 1.6 jdk and place it in the LR install directory. Now rename it from JRE 1.6 to just JRE (to match the name of the original JRE that was renamed above).

I tried this and get the following error after stopping the recording.  Externalizable read object failed: Error Initializing JVM

Second Workaround:

Starting with LoadRunner 11.* we have a option to specify the External JVM path and this is the recommended approach .

Go to Tools -> Recording Options-> Flex->Configuration and check the option Use External JVM.

External JVM Path should point to the JRE 1.6 folder then.

I do not have a Configuration option in recording options->flex.

Barry

HP Expert
Editus
Message 5 of 7 (542 Views)

ok then you must stay on Java 1.7 and in order to support this you must use LoadRunner 11.52 (or higher) or Java 1.7 will not be supported, after being on this verison you will be able to point on the recording options to a external JVM, so there you point to your 1.7 and hopefully that will do the job.

cheers

Advisor
Barry Alkis
Message 6 of 7 (533 Views)

Thanks.  Question though.  If I uprade my vugen to 11.5, will my scriptswork with a controller that is at 11.0 ?

Barry

Valued Contributor
LoadTest712
Message 7 of 7 (527 Views)

Have everything with the same version

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.