Firefox does not show TruClient editor, just empty FireFox window (407 Views)
Advisor
MarkM2
Message 1 of 4 (407 Views)
Accepted Solution

Firefox does not show TruClient editor, just empty FireFox window

I have created several scripts with Ajax Truclient 11.52 with FireFox. I have saved them in ALM 11.52, loaded them back into VUGen, modified them serveral times, etc.

For 2 of these scripts I can no longer edit them. They load into VUGen, I can run them there, but when I click on the "Develop Script" button in VUGen an empty FireFox window opens - no TruClient sidebar, nothing but a blank FireFox window. I have no idea why these particular 2 scripts are failing to load into FireFox.

I have updated my VUGen to the latest using the Help -> Product Update function, and (based on some web research) I tried deleting my ...\AppData\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard\LoadRunner\Web2 folder. Makes no difference, still get an empty FireFox window.

Note this is specific to two of my scripts... the other open and edit in FireFox with no problem, so there is something about these particular scripts. I have many hours of development in these scripts and they are now useless.... please help!

-Mark

Respected Contributor
ChauNguyen
Message 2 of 4 (376 Views)

Re: Firefox does not show TruClient editor, just empty FireFox window

Hi Mark,

Could you clarify some information as below: 

- You have created the scripts in Vugen 11.52 and you also mentioned that you have upgraded Vugen to the latest version so what is the current version of Vugen?

- Your Vugen is from LoadRunner or from PC Host ?

- When uploading the script to ALM, you have uploaded all files or uploaded run time files only?

If it's possible, please share 2 scripts: the working script and the problematic script.

Thanks and Regards,

Chau Nguyen

If you find this or or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
Advisor
MarkM2
Message 3 of 4 (360 Views)

I installed 11.52 originally and used it to create the scripts. As part of my attempt to fix this problem, I went to Help -> HP Update and installed all the update listed there. The Winodws "Installed Updates" list shows "HP VuGen Service Pack 11.52 Patch1". The Help -> About detailed info shows version 11.52.5113.0.

I  am not clear about your 2nd question "is from LoadRunner of PC Host". In my Start menus it shows VUGen under LoadRunner.

When I upload scripts to ALM I usually choose "runtime files" but honestly I have never figured out what that really means or what the implication of that might be.

Of the attached files, CreateIncidentScript works correctly, RateTwoRisks3 does not work.

Thanks for any insight...

-Mark

Advisor
MarkM2
Message 4 of 4 (355 Views)

Never mind... a coworker just figured out that it does in fact work, but the development pane was collapsed against the left edge of the FireFox window. It is easy to miss the tiny little expander bar on the left edge - it looks like just an empty window. Expand the pane and all is well. I suspect that the state of this pane is not being saved reliably because I never collapse it (never realized it could be collapsed).

Thanks for the help.

-Mark

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.