Re: Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for object heap (1823 Views)
Occasional Contributor
arikh_1
Message 1 of 10 (2,203 Views)

Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for object heap

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have virtual machine with 3Giga Ram Memory.
I am working with Java protocol on Loadrunner.
I am trying to set the addtional VM Params to be more than 256M but always getting this error.
I tried : -Xmx512m or -Xms256 -Xmx512 and a lot of other options without success.
I even declare the virtual memory of the Virtul machine (PC) to be high (min-256 , max 2G).
Please response ASAP - i am stuck with that issue for the last 2 days .

Thanks..
(I am working with jdk 1.5.14
and once try run the flow i have free memory of 2000MB)

Error:
Notify: Found jdk version: 1.5.0.
Notify: classpath=C:\Performance\Projects\Test;c:\program files\hp\loadrunner\classes\srv;c:\program files\hp\loadrunner\classes;
Notify: Path=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_15\jre\bin\client;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_15\bin;C:\PROGRA~1\HP\LOADRU~1\bin;C:\PROGRA~1\HP\LOADRU~1\bin\tulip\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Oracle\product\10.1.0\client_1\bin;C:\Program Files\Windows Imaging\;
Notify: VM Params: -Xms256M -Xmx640M.
Notify: Error occurred during initialization of VM

Notify: Could not reserve enough space for object heap

P.S. This thread has been moved from VMware > General to LoadRunner Support Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

Visitor
tgfofp
Message 2 of 10 (1,908 Views)

Re: Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for object heap

HI ,

I have the exact same problem that You used to have with the Load Runner . I'll be thankfull to You if you share what was Your solution for it ! Thank You in advance !

tgfop

PS: I'm posting Your question if You foget what it was .

"

Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Hi,

I have virtual machine with 3Giga Ram Memory.
I am working with Java protocol on Loadrunner.
I am trying to set the addtional VM Params to be more than 256M but always getting this error.
I tried : -Xmx512m or -Xms256 -Xmx512 and a lot of other options without success.
I even declare the virtual memory of the Virtul machine (PC) to be high (min-256 , max 2G).
Please response ASAP - i am stuck with that issue for the last 2 days .

Thanks..
(I am working with jdk 1.5.14
and once try run the flow i have free memory of 2000MB)

Error:
Notify: Found jdk version: 1.5.0.
Notify: classpath=C:\Performance\Projects\Test;c:\program files\hp\loadrunner\classes\srv;c:\program files\hp\loadrunner\classes;
Notify: Path=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_15\jre\bin\client;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_15\bin;C:\PROGRA~1\HP\LOADRU~1\bin;C:\PROGRA~1\HP\LOADRU~1\bin\tulip\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Oracle\product\10.1.0\client_1\bin;C:\Program Files\Windows Imaging\;
Notify: VM Params: -Xms256M -Xmx640M.
Notify: Error occurred during initialization of VM

Notify: Could not reserve enough space for object heap
"
HP Expert
vmanolova
Message 3 of 10 (1,895 Views)

Re: Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for object heap

[ Edited ]

Hi,

If you are working with LR 11.50 or 11.51 please review the following KM Error: "Notify: Could not reserve enough space for object heap" causes a LoadRunner Java Record/Replay prot...

Kind regards,

HP Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
Visitor
tgfofp
Message 4 of 10 (1,888 Views)

Thanks for the fast answer, but the page You send to me can't be viewed with my account. It gives me a page -  " You are not authorized to view this document " so I couldn't see the article.

tgfofp

Frequent Advisor
xtom
Message 5 of 10 (1,866 Views)

Hello!

Some questions: What size do you need? Do you get an error without the extra Vm parameters?

Regards

Thomas

Visitor
tgfofp
Message 6 of 10 (1,854 Views)

Hello!

I've tried with any kind of parameters , but the problem still persists. I have tried with any combination of Xms and Xmx with different sizes( like 20m to 256m for Xms , and 256m to 512m  for Xmx ) but the result was the same;  withouth the VM parameters it gives me the same error. The only difference with the original post for 2009 is that I'm using Java 6.

tgfofp

HP Expert
vmanolova
Message 7 of 10 (1,823 Views)

Hi,

Regarding the knowledge document, if you have an active SAID which is added to your account you should be able to view the knowledge documents. The SAID can be linked to your account from the following link

https://support.openview.hp.com/entitlement/contracts 

Kind regards,

HP Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
Visitor
tgfofp
Message 8 of 10 (1,810 Views)

This fixed the problem. I put the flag in the boot.ini and it makes the required heap for the VM.

Thank You very much! 

Best regards,

tgfofp

PS: I could't find how to change the subject as closed.

HP Expert
vmanolova
Message 9 of 10 (1,801 Views)

Hi,

I am happy that you managed to open the KM and that you found the information which helped you to solve the problem.

Kind regards,

HP Support
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 10 of 10 (1,786 Views)

>I couldn't find how to change the subject as closed.

You can't, you aren't the OP.  The best you can do is assign Kudos, which you did.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.