Re: Error: The user files were not transferred to the local load generator (1583 Views)
Respected Contributor
rpagadala09
Message 1 of 9 (3,451 Views)

Error: The user files were not transferred to the local load generator

[ Edited ]

Hi,

LR Version 11.52.
Getting the below errors on the controller.

1.Error: The user files were not transferred to the local load generator
2.The file C:\LR Scripts_09977p\V5_NBCU_Perf_PO Save_Same Accounts_G0BU\PO Save same Accounts_G0BU.c which is part of script v5_nbcu_perf_po save_same accounts_g0bu.1 cannot be found

For the 2nd issue, I follwed the steps mentioned in th knowledge document KM172825, but no use. when I looked under the file file was there.

This is a roadblock for me.

For the 2nd issue.

To verify the files that will be transferred to remote machine:
1. From the Controller, select a group, and click on "Details."
2. In the "Group Information" window, expand "More."
3. Go to the Files tab.
4. Check the list of files listed. Make sure that the file(s) mentioned in the error message are listed. If not, add them as necessary.

Please advise me!

Thanks,

Rajani

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Performance Center Support and News Forum to LoadRunner Support Forum. - Hp Forum moderator

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Srihari_Amgen
Message 2 of 9 (3,430 Views)

Re: Error: The user files were not transferred to the local load generator

[ Edited ]

Hi

Please refer to the KM902643

Problem

When running VuGen scripts in Performance Center and the following error appears:   "Error: The user files were not transferred to the local load generator."

Cause

The controller cannot transfer the script files to the Load Generator.    When running a scenario in LoadRunner Controller / Performance Center, the Controller transfers the Vugen script files to the temporary location on the Load Generators. The temporary location will be created under <the load generator's temporary directory>\<brr folder>\netdir\<Path to the results folder on the controller>\<results name>.   For example, if the script in Controller is stored in c:\VugenScript\Script1 and the Load Generator has the temporary folder set to C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Temp, the Load Generator would save this script file in C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Temp\<brr folder>\netdir\c\VugenScript\Script1.   This is caused by a limitation of the maximum path length on Windows OS. The length limitation is 255 bytes in Windows XP and 260 bytes in Windows Vista. Please refer to MSDN: File Names, Paths, and Namespaces(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa365247(VS.85).aspx)  for more details on this limitation.  

Fix

On the Load Generator:   A. If you are running the agent as a process, you can change the "TEMP" system Variable of the user from C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Temp to C:\Temp.  The procedure is listed under KM172893   B. If you are running the agent as a service, you can change the service to use an account with Administration privileges, and change the admin account's "TEMP" system variable to a shorter path:    - Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services.

- Look for the LoadRunner / Performance Center Agent Service.

- Right-click and select Properties->Log On, changing this from "Local System account" to "This account", supplying the Administrative account username and password.

- Follow the procedure from KM172893 to change the admin user temporary location.

Regards,

Srihari

Please use plain text.
qz
Occasional Advisor
qz
Message 3 of 9 (2,884 Views)

Can you please specify where to look for the " Follow the procedure from KM172893"

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Srihari_Amgen
Message 4 of 9 (2,855 Views)

All those KB's will be in support.openview.hp.com ; you need to have a registered sign-in and valid SAID for accessing those cases.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
19asdf
Message 5 of 9 (2,852 Views)

Please guide... I have a valid user ID .. http://support.openview.hp.com/ In the search box on the top I gave KM172893, the search results says 

No results for 'KM172893'

Please use plain text.
Advisor
19asdf
Message 6 of 9 (2,850 Views)

I was able to figure it out .. thanks for the support link provided

Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
senpleck
Message 7 of 9 (1,583 Views)

Hello,

another problem can be the disk space. I had this error with one of my run, and the paths were good, and the user too. But the disk of one of the injectors was full. after clean it, the run works.

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Speedmaster
Message 8 of 9 (1,573 Views)

I ran into a similar issue once. Turned out that the path to the scripts on the shared drive was too long and LR simply wouldn't handle it, I got a similar error message. Unfortunately the the error message didn't say that the problem as a too long path. That took a while to figure out.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Collector
jvj2010
Message 9 of 9 (1,201 Views)

I got this error when I created a scenario by copying an existing scenario and making a duplicate of it.The test scenario is corrupted. 

I Created a new scenario from the scratch and the issue was fixed.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation