Re: Error: CCI security error: You are running under secure mode (374 Views)
Respected Contributor
rpagadala09
Message 1 of 7 (640 Views)
Accepted Solution

Error: CCI security error: You are running under secure mode

Hello HP,

Controller& LG’s Version: 11.50 (SP2 installed)

Protocol: FLEX

(Controller & LG’s)OS : Windows server 2008 R2 standard

This is a roadblock for me.

I am getting the below error only for 2 LG's.

Error: CCI security error: You are running under secure mode and the function ci_load_dll is not allowed in this mode.

While I am running the test   with 4 LG's , I am getting the above error for 2 LG's only.

When I looked the error thrown LG"s running as Load Runner Process ,even though I changed it back to as Load Runner Agent Service, still shows Load Runner Agent process.

One of other Team used the LG's for to run the test which is Citrix application.

They have installed Citrix Agent on all LG's.

Thanks,

Rajani

HP Expert
vmanolova
Message 2 of 7 (613 Views)

Re: Error: CCI security error: You are running under secure mode

Hi Rajani,

Please follow the instructions in the following knowledge document:

Error: "-19886: CCI security error:You are running under secure mode and the function <function_name> is not allowed in this mode."

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM173048

Please let us know if it solved the problem.

Kind regards,

HP Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
Respected Contributor
rpagadala09
Message 3 of 7 (593 Views)

I found the root cause and fixed it!

HP Expert
vmanolova
Message 4 of 7 (585 Views)

Hi,

Can you please share what was the root cause and how you fixed it so that other mambers in the forum can benfit from it?  

Thank you.

Kind regards,

HP Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
Respected Contributor
rpagadala09
Message 5 of 7 (577 Views)

Firewall  was enabled for those 2 LG's, and  disabled it.

Thanks,

Raj

Occasional Visitor
Squiggy
Message 6 of 7 (374 Views)

Is there any more info for this? I am getting the same error with LoadRunner / Load Generator 11.52 though the prohibited function is gethostbyname. The HP solution of the .asl file does not work for me because the location and the asl files mentioned do not exist on my load generators.

For disabling firewall are there any alternatives or specific holes that can be poked into the firewall instead of disabling. The load generators and controller are all in the same VLAN and my corporate IT tells me that all ports and everything should be open between them. Windows Firewall is not running on these machines.

Is there anything else I can check?

Thanks,

Scott

Occasional Visitor
SukmaniSahib
Message 7 of 7 (79 Views)

If you are using Performance Center, try using "-cancel_security_mode" under edit command line next to edit runtime setting, this will disable the security mode and LG would have no problem executing script with these functions.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.