Re: Env variable for recording Java Thick Client Applications (665 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Avinash3788
Message 1 of 5 (695 Views)

Env variable for recording Java Thick Client Applications

Hello Everyone,

Can anybody tell me what all the values need to be given other than the ones given below for the following Environment variable to record a Java Client Application (java version 1.7) using LoadRunner 11.52

_Java_Options  -  -Xrunjvmhook -Xbootclasspath/a:"C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\classes2";"C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\classes";"C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\classes\srv";"C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\bin\java";

IBM_JAVA_OPTIONS  - -Xrunjvmhook -Xbootclasspath/a:"C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\classes2";"C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\classes";"C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\classes\srv";"C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\bin\java";

Java_Tool_Options -  -agentlib:jvmhook

Kindly let me know if i had given anything wrong or i had missed any variables. Coz i am unable to record the application using LoadRunner.

Note: I haven set the CLASSPATH and PATH with the Application class path.

Frequent Advisor
xtom
Message 2 of 5 (681 Views)

Re: Env variable for recording Java Thick Client Applications

Hello!

To configure JAVA client in LoadRunner try to do the following:

1) For recording choose the protocol
   - JAVA RecordReplay
2) In the start recording dialog select
   - Application Type: JavaApplication
   - App. Main Classe: have a look to the cmd file that starts the application and use only the main class
   - Working Directoy: select the directory where the application is installed, but i think it does not matter what you choose
   - App. parameters : this can be empty
3) In the Options dialog do the following
   Java Environment Settings / Java VM
   - Additional VM Parameters: Put all options from the invocation command (cmd file) and expand all variables; do not put the classpath entries here
   - let the check boxes unchecked
   Java Environment Settings / Classpath
   - Use the buttons to populate the list with all classpath entries from the cmd file
4) Leave all the other options as default.

Now at least the application should start when you begin recording.

Regards

Thomas

HP Expert
Suerte13cr
Message 3 of 5 (676 Views)

Does you application use a batch file, you should try recording with that.

Regards,

Mario M.

HP LR/PC Support

If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.

LoadRunner:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Customer/bd-p/loadrunner-support-customer-forum

Performance Center:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Performance-Center-Support/bd-p/performance-center-support-customer

How to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ChlysWupWM

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Occasional Advisor
Avinash3788
Message 4 of 5 (669 Views)

Thanks for reply. The problem i am facing is Loadrunner is unable to determine the exact application path and hence its failing to launch the application.

Plz do help.

Regards,

Avinash

HP Expert
Editus
Message 5 of 5 (665 Views)

Hello
Would be interesting to know if this same problem come using Java 1.6, I have seen few issues like this caused by the java 1.7.

regards
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.