08-12-2013 11:29 PM
Can anybody tell me what all the values need to be given other than the ones given below for the following Environment variable to record a Java Client Application (java version 1.7) using LoadRunner 11.52
_Java_Options - -Xrunjvmhook -Xbootclasspath/a:"C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\classes2";"C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\classes";"C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\classes\srv";"C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\bin\java";
IBM_JAVA_OPTIONS - -Xrunjvmhook -Xbootclasspath/a:"C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\classes2";"C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\classes";"C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\classes\srv";"C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\bin\java";
Java_Tool_Options - -agentlib:jvmhook
Kindly let me know if i had given anything wrong or i had missed any variables. Coz i am unable to record the application using LoadRunner.
Note: I haven set the CLASSPATH and PATH with the Application class path.
08-13-2013 04:13 AM
To configure JAVA client in LoadRunner try to do the following:
1) For recording choose the protocol
- JAVA RecordReplay
2) In the start recording dialog select
- Application Type: JavaApplication
- App. Main Classe: have a look to the cmd file that starts the application and use only the main class
- Working Directoy: select the directory where the application is installed, but i think it does not matter what you choose
- App. parameters : this can be empty
3) In the Options dialog do the following
Java Environment Settings / Java VM
- Additional VM Parameters: Put all options from the invocation command (cmd file) and expand all variables; do not put the classpath entries here
- let the check boxes unchecked
Java Environment Settings / Classpath
- Use the buttons to populate the list with all classpath entries from the cmd file
4) Leave all the other options as default.
Now at least the application should start when you begin recording.
08-13-2013 07:18 AM
Does you application use a batch file, you should try recording with that.
If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
08-14-2013 02:28 AM
Thanks for reply. The problem i am facing is Loadrunner is unable to determine the exact application path and hence its failing to launch the application.
Plz do help.
08-14-2013 11:24 AM
Would be interesting to know if this same problem come using Java 1.6, I have seen few issues like this caused by the java 1.7.