Re: Does Loadrunner Vuser support calling a SQL file? (598 Views)
Regular Advisor
ray500
Message 1 of 4 (1,053 Views)

Does Loadrunner Vuser support calling a SQL file?

Is there anyway to call a SQL file(specifically SQL Server) in Loadrunner and have Loadrunner execute it?   I know you can run SQL statements using lr_db_executeSQLStatement(Web Service protocol) or by lrd_stmt(ODBC protocol)  but these accept one SQL statement.   I need to run a large SQL script that would be too complex to break down into several of the above functions.

If running a file is not an option,  what about calling stored procedures?  Can they be called in Loadrunner?

Thanks,

Raymond

HP Expert
Editus
Message 2 of 4 (1,033 Views)

Re: Does Loadrunner Vuser support calling a SQL file?

This is not possible, however  you can create a stored procedure on SQL and callit from LoadRunner.

hope this helps.

cheers

Regular Advisor
ray500
Message 3 of 4 (1,031 Views)

Thanks Editus!   I also have started using the .NET protocol using C# in Loadrunner and being able to call multiple SQL statements and parameterize much better than in ODBC protocol.

Occasional Advisor
Vaibhav-666
Message 4 of 4 (598 Views)

Hi,

I would really appreciate if you can post some .NET examples to execute long queries from a SQL File.

Thanks in advance,

Vaibhav

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.