Re: Correlation (480 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Message 1 of 5 (487 Views)

Correlation

Hello All,

I am facing a weird issue in which i am trying to capture a dynamic id which is sent by the server. The issue is that this dynamic id is being created in the extrares and i am not able to capture this value no matter what i try. I have tried several boundaries as well as placed the parameter in the the request earlier than the value but it does not capture the value.

Also, i have used the same correlation earlier in the script and it works but unfortunately the value which i need to be captured is not being returned.

Does someone have a way where i can capture this value?

Thanks.

Highlighted
HP Expert
Message 2 of 5 (480 Views)

Re: Correlation

You may try to regenerate the script in URL mode and capture the same.

Regular Advisor
Message 3 of 5 (460 Views)

You should still be able to capture it even if it's from a Extrares. If you want to, you can simply comment out the line in the Extrares and then create a new web_url function (with resource=1) and the capture it directly from there.
Valued Contributor
Message 4 of 5 (457 Views)

what is impact of resource=1 and resource=0 in web_url function?

Regular Advisor
Message 5 of 5 (451 Views)

It treats the URL as if it was downloading a resource (.png, .js) vs a HTML page. Besides other things, Vugen will not parse a resource and run time settings by default do not fail when there's an issue downloading a resource.

The fact that it is in the extrares means it's a resource.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.