Re: Correlation Loadrunner 11 with Siebel 8.1.1 (3506 Views)
Occasional Visitor
FrancescoSperan
Message 1 of 9 (4,391 Views)

Correlation Loadrunner 11 with Siebel 8.1.1

Hi all 

Please let me know whether anyone have used Siebel 8.1.1 with loadrunner 11.x  If so which version of loadrunner is required , which protocol used (Siebel Web or Web Http/Html ) and is there any additional activities to be performed.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
JimHowell1970
Message 2 of 9 (4,377 Views)

Re: Correlation Loadrunner 11 with Siebel 8.1.1

LR can definitely work with Siebel 8.0.x, therefore I would assume that it also works for 8.1.x, it would not be in Oracle's best interest to stop it working...

you can record in Siebel-Web or web (http/html) and playback as either too (if you want to record in Siebel-Web and play back in regular web, jus copy the contents of the script to a regular web script and save)

the thing to remember is that Siebel generally doesn't use regular html - therefore correlation can be interesting

and I'm not overly fond of the automatic correlation for Siebel-Web, difficult ot add randomisation and you still have to trawl through the script to make sure that everything is correlated - second and subsequent values on a line are often missed

Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
sivakota
Message 3 of 9 (4,175 Views)

i understood that the siebel 8.1.x can be scripted in web(http/html) and siebel-web protocol in vugen component.if you copy the content of sibel-web to web(http/html) by your words it should work.am i correct.

let me know exactly weather the script works fine or not.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Oded_Keret
Message 4 of 9 (4,163 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey Jim,

Regarding your comment:

"I'm not overly fond of the automatic correlation for Siebel-Web, difficult ot add randomisation and you still have to trawl through the script to make sure that everything is correlated - second and subsequent values on a line are often missed"

Could you send me an example of a script in which you encountered such problems, and a description of how you tried to solve them, what difficulties you encountered, etc.?

We are planning to invest some time in improving our Siebel Web protocol, and such input would be very helpful!

You can upload the script to the forum, or contact our support system.

Thanks and Regards,

Oded Keret
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
SachinP
Message 5 of 9 (4,104 Views)

Hi Jim,

I have just started on a project using the Siebel-web protocol. I have imported the latest Siebel correlation rules in the recording options menu.

If you do use the auto-correlation method, would you tick all of the boxes within the Siebel drop-down menu?

I am having some real issues with getting a low error rate (below 5%) in the Controller. I have tried many things and I cannot see why there are correlation errors are still coming up. They seem to be around the following:

vuser_init.c(99): Error -26377: No match found for the requested parameter "Siebel_SWEACn5". Check whether the requested boundaries exist in the response data. Also, if the data you want to save exceeds 1024 bytes, use web_set_max_html_param_len to increase the parameter size, Snapshot Info [MSH 1 6]   [MsgId: MERR-26377]
vuser_init.c(99): Notify: Saving Parameter "Siebel_SWEACn5 = ".
vuser_init.c(99): Error -26377: No match found for the requested parameter "Siebel_SWEVLC". Check whether the requested boundaries exist in the response data. Also, if the data you want to save exceeds 1024 bytes, use web_set_max_html_param_len to increase the parameter size, Snapshot Info [MSH 1 6]   [MsgId: MERR-26377]
vuser_init.c(99): Notify: Saving Parameter "Siebel_SWEVLC = ".
vuser_init.c(99): web_url("start.swe_3") highest severity level was "ERROR", 641 body bytes, 279 header bytes, 12 chunking overhead bytes   [MsgId: MMSG-26387]

I have tried a slower ramp-up, which kind of defeats the object of a performance test, two different recordings with different users (I can't see any differences), manually logging in with the users when I see them generate an error within the Controller (and they log in fine).

It would great is someone could provide me with some further assistance on what else I could try? Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Sachin

Please use plain text.
Established Member
FedricNicholas
Message 6 of 9 (3,934 Views)

Hi Sachin,

You dont need to correlate those in your Vuser_Init section. Just simply comment the web_reg_save param function. It would work.

Thanks,

Vineeth

Please use plain text.
Established Member
mohammedjaweed
Message 7 of 9 (3,506 Views)

Hi,

I am working on siebel application 8.1v and at one step we use to pass the id number and it display the name in enlish also in arabic. so can you tell me how to handle this situation. Even it is not getting recorded in the script not even any special character's.

Regards,

Jaweed.

Please use plain text.
Established Member
mohammedjaweed
Message 8 of 9 (3,505 Views)

Hi,

I am working on siebel application 8.1v and at one step we use to pass the id number and it display the name in enlish also in arabic. so can you tell me how to handle this situation. Even it is not getting recorded in the script not even any special character's.

Regards,

Jaweed.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
mosorno
Message 9 of 9 (2,421 Views)

Where did you download the correlation rules for siebel 8.1?  I just installed LR 12.52 and I'm having so much trouble getting the script to play back without errors.  Thanks

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation