Re: Connection TimeOut Error (1039 Views)
Occasional Contributor
vchezel
Message 1 of 10 (1,316 Views)

Connection TimeOut Error

Hi,

I am running a loadrunner test with 500 Vusers, some of the users are not able to login because of connection time out error.

I tried to change the ramp up time another tweaks but nothing seems to work.  Can someone please suggest how to resolve this error. I have 3 web servers and a load balance is configured.

Start auto log messages stack.

Virtual User Script started at : 2013-03-05 14:59:18

Starting action vuser_init.

Web Turbo Replay of LoadRunner 11.0.0 for Windows 2008 R2; build 8859 (Aug 18 2010 20:14:31) 

Run Mode: HTML 

Run-Time Settings file: "C:...\cfgbqR.186" 

vuser_init.c(12): Notify: Transaction "Load URL" started.

vuser_init.c(14): Registering web_reg_find was successful 

vuser_init.c(17): web_set_max_html_param_len was successful 

vuser_init.c(23): Registering web_reg_save_param was successful 

vuser_init.c(30): Error -27796: Failed to connect to server "ipaddress": [10060] Connection timed out 

End auto log messages stack.

Start auto log messages stack.

vuser_init.c(30): Warning -26000: Empty or no response for URL="

vuser_init.c(30): Error -26366: "Text=

Subscriber Log On

" not found for web_reg_find 

vuser_init.c(30): Error -26377: No match found for the requested parameter "AR_ViewState2". Check whether the requested boundaries exist in the response data. Also, if the data you want to save exceeds 1024 bytes, use web_set_max_html_param_len to increase the parameter size 

vuser_init.c(30): Error -26374: The above "not found" error(s) may be explained by header and body byte counts being 0 and 0, respectively. 

End auto log messages stack.

HP Expert
_Buzzy
Message 2 of 10 (1,312 Views)

Re: Connection TimeOut Error

Hi,

Just by looking at your post, it looks like you found a performance issue in your server (it cannot handle so many users logging in simultaneously). 

If you don't want to test the login part then you should space your ramp-up a little more so that the server can catch up.

Thanks,

Boris.

Occasional Contributor
vchezel
Message 3 of 10 (1,310 Views)

Thanks Boris, I tried with 100 Vusers and i still see the failure rate of 10% with same issue.
Thanks for your quick reply i appreciate it.

- Vchezel
HP Expert
_Buzzy
Message 4 of 10 (1,308 Views)

Hi,

The problem may not be in the quantity of the vUsers but with the connection speed.

Did you try to space the ramp-up a little?

If yes then how many users/sec did you try?

Thanks,

Boris.

Honored Contributor
shiv_p
Message 5 of 10 (1,296 Views)

Look at connect & receive timeout values.

for HTTP protocol > Replay> Run time settings>Preferences>Options > HTTP (http request connect/receive)....input value that suits your needs.

if you want value greater than 1000 seconds, you can write a code before action
web_set_timeout(CONNECT, "1200");

This purely depends on how your app is responding and having a higher connect/receive time might impact on the response time.
HP Expert
JerryYin
Message 6 of 10 (1,296 Views)

Here's one possible solution:

Modify the connection timeout under RTS as follows:
RTS -->Internet Protocol --> Preferences --> Options --> HTTP-request connect timeout (sec) currently set to 900 increase to a higher value.

You may try to search the KB for similar issue.

Regular Advisor
LoadRunner421
Message 7 of 10 (1,283 Views)

[ Edited ]

"I tried to change the ramp up time another tweaks but nothing seems to work."

I don't think you should be arbitrarily choosing ramp up times in an effort to lower failures...the point of your test is not to runaway from problems but uncover them and investigate.

You should determine what the expected user login rate will be in real life and then simulate that in your test. And then if the failures still occur then the application likely has a performance issue. I say likely because there's always a chance that something is not configured right in your test. So you have to be careful everything is in place and configured correctly to simulate a real life situation.

Visitor
apenella
Message 8 of 10 (1,060 Views)

Hi,

I had the same problem and I could solve it changing the proxy configuration on RTS, obtaining the proxy settings from the default browser.

aleix

Regular Advisor
Arjun_Valipired
Message 9 of 10 (1,040 Views)

There could be many reasons...

Proxy configuration as suggested by other members and did you check with the Dev team about the maximum number of connections that can be established at a given time? Some times for secure sites there is limit on number of login sessions that can be opened.

-good luck

Occasional Advisor
PS_LR
Message 10 of 10 (1,039 Views)

First of all, did you make sure all your data are clean to exclude data issues?

For instances, did you run complete to check each line of data in your data file if you have 500 lines of data?

If not, you might want to do it first.

Secondly, you can change preference for http request, receive and keep live timout for 1000 to give another try.

Last but not least, check application server logs for any exceptions.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.