Can I use loadrunner 9.5 for recording Peoplesoft 9.2 version?C (478 Views)
Occasional Visitor
lipsa
Message 1 of 5 (478 Views)

Can I use loadrunner 9.5 for recording Peoplesoft 9.2 version?C

Can I use loadrunner 9.5 for recording Peoplesoft 9.2 version?C

Honored Contributor
shiv_p
Message 2 of 5 (450 Views)

Re: Can I use loadrunner 9.5 for recording Peoplesoft 9.2 version?C

I don't think LR 9.5 has support. It's way old and HP released v11.0, 11.50 etc..

LR 11.52 patch says

• Support of PeopleSoft 9.1

Refer below link for further details.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Information-and-News/LoadRunner-11-52-Service-Pack-Released/...

Hope this helps!

Occasional Visitor
lipsa
Message 3 of 5 (419 Views)

Re: Can I use loadrunner 9.5 for recording Peoplesoft 9.2 version?C

Hi Sivaram,

Thanks for your reply and I am very new to this Peoplesoft enterprise protocol.. 

I have few more questions..

Can I use LR 9.5 web http/html protocol for recording as I saw some thread that it can be done..but they were facing some replay issue?

In LR 11.52 patch its mentioned that they will support Peoplesoft 9.1..But my product is developed using Peoplesoft 9.2..So is it possible to record and replay without any issue?

And finally I have 9.5 license.. What will be the cost invlooved for upgrading 9.5 to 11.52?

Occasional Visitor
lipsa
Message 4 of 5 (419 Views)

Re: Can I use loadrunner 9.5 for recording Peoplesoft 9.2 version?

Hi Sivaram,

Thanks for your reply and I am very new to this Peoplesoft enterprise protocol.. 

I have few more questions..

Can I use LR 9.5 web http/html protocol for recording as I saw some thread that it can be done..but they were facing some replay issue?

In LR 11.52 patch its mentioned that they will support Peoplesoft 9.1..But my product is developed using Peoplesoft 9.2..So is it possible to record and replay without any issue?

And finally I have 9.5 license.. What will be the cost invlooved for upgrading 9.5 to 11.52?

HP Expert
MarkSmith
Message 5 of 5 (399 Views)

Re: Can I use loadrunner 9.5 for recording Peoplesoft 9.2 version?

Hello,

You can certainly try to record your PeopleSoft 9.2 application using VuGen 9.5 and the Web protocol however given the comment in the LoadRunner 11.52 Readme it appears that you are likely to have a more positive result with the latest version.

Furthermore as the LoadRunner 11.52 Readme indicates support for PeopleSoft 9.1 it is possible that, from a recording perspective, there are no significant differences between 9.1 and 9.2.

Regarding upgrading your 9.5 license to the equivalent for 11.5x, please open a licence case and the licensing team will provide you with an equivalent license for the latest version. There may be no cost impact involved depending on the type of license you have. Note that the license affects load testing using the Controller - VuGen is not a licensed component so you could install LoadRunner 11.52 Patch 1 on a separate client platform to try it out and see what the outcome is when recording/replaying a script against your PeopleSoft 9.2 application.

Best regards,

Mark

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.