VuGen Extensibility Example - Do more with VuGen 11.5X (1033 Views)
HP Expert
_Buzzy
Message 1 of 5 (1,033 Views)

VuGen Extensibility Example - Do more with VuGen 11.5X

Hi,

I created a small demo project which explains the Extensibility model in VuGen 11.5X. By understanding this model you gain the power to create any extension to VuGen ranging from a simple button to the most complex snapshot view.  The first example is available here:

https://github.com/BorisKozo/XmlViewAddin.

It covers some of the basic concepts of the extensibility layer. If this example is beneficial for you and you would like to see more examples in this direction, please reply on this thread. I am currently planning (at least) one more example so if you have ideas or want to implement something on your own then I am here to listen.

Thanks,

Boris

Valued Contributor
terri c
Message 2 of 5 (808 Views)

Re: VuGen Extensibility Example - Do more with VuGen 11.5X

Thank you for the article, I was able to follow it and get the Add In example working!

Do you know if there is a list or function reference of all of the HP specific functions available for creating Add Ins?

HP Expert
_Buzzy
Message 3 of 5 (796 Views)

Hi Terri,

Currently this project is not affiliated with HP.

There is no official HP specification to what each function does and which functions exists because we cannot commit that the API will not change between versions. That said, we are seriously considering releasing the API publicly but first we are trying to understand if it is worth the effort and if customers actually want to use something like that.

This is a work in progress and if all goes well there will definitly be some good news in that area soon.

Anyway, if you have an addin you would like to write please PM me and I will be able to help you.

Thanks,

Boris.

Occasional Contributor
puskarp
Message 4 of 5 (654 Views)

This is excellent.  We are currently planning at least 2 but maybe 3 different "process helpers" for our engineers and staff at the present time.  One is more of a code quality/standards verification type thing and the other two are the ones I want to get included that help bridge Diagnostics and Shunra data into vugen in various ways.  We'll see.  This gives us a great start!

Valued Contributor
Ajay_U
Message 5 of 5 (597 Views)

Very late watch at this post .. but worth watching.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.