03-20-2014 01:04 PM - edited 06-22-2014 02:55 AM
This release has a long list of features including the new Performance Testing in the Cloud capabilities, Community License Bundle, and numerous technologies and productivity enhancements. This release includes:
Support for load generators on the cloud (read more)
- Ability to provision cloud load generators directly from the Controller
- Ability to run tests on load generators on Amazon EC2 Cloud
Enhanced communication interface between Controller and load generators
- Ability to configure the ports between all LoadRunner components—Controller, load generator, MI Listener, and Monitor over Firewall
- Ability to connect from Controller to load generator, MI Listener, and Monitor over Firewall via proxy
- Use of Network Connection profiles that let you configure connection information, such as port and proxy, separately for each load generator (read more)
- Improved support and enhanced usability for SSL security (read more)
- Ability to configure load generator to accept communication only from trusted Controllers using SSL authentication
Network and security manager
- New utility to configure network and security settings for LoadRunner agent, for both local and remote machines
Enhancements for testing mobile applications
- Replay support for SMP (SAP Mobile Platform) recorded sessions
- Enhanced proxy recording (read more about one of the features)
Improvements and added features in VuGen
- Enhanced replay summary with transaction breakdown with new time- trend charts
- Support for editing common file types in VuGen editor—not limited to Vuser scripts
- Multiple VuGen usability improvements for better productivity
- Ability to cancel a recording session without overwriting the script
- Improved search capabilities
- Performance improvements, including the ability to disable snapshots for better performance
- Debugger improvements
Enhancements and added integrations for protocols
- Web HTTP/HTML:
- HTML5 WebSocket support (read more)
- TruClient to Web HTTP/HTML protocol script converter (read more)
- SSL utility for performing various OpenSSL commands through a user-friendly interface
- SPDY support
- Internet Explorer 11 support
- TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2, and TLS NPN support
- Enhanced asynchronous support with ResponseHeader callback
- Recording troubleshooting: ability to identify a recording failure and suggest a possible fix
- Linux support: Replay now supports additional protocols on Linux-based load generators: FTP, IMAP, LDAP, POP3, SMTP, DNS, and Windows Sockets
- TruClient: Support for rendezvous points, IP spoofing, and Shunra network virtualization
- Silverlight: Support for latest version and IP Spoofing
- SAP-Web: Correlation Studio support in VuGen
- LDAP: Support for latest version of LDAP SDK
- Flex: Support for the latest Flex SDK
- .NET: Support for version 4.5
- Citrix: Support for the latest versions of client receiver and XenDesktop, and the ability to run multiple published applications in the same session
- SAP: SAP Application Testing by HP, HANA Edition (LoadRunner and Quality Center/Application Lifecycle Management) has received a Premium Qualification for SAP Vendor Branded Resellers. This certification is effective from LoadRunner 11.50 and Application Lifecycle Management 11.00.
New supported technologies and platforms
- Windows Server 2012 support
- Record and replay support for latest Internet Explorer, Chrome version, and Firefox
- Support for latest versions of Eclipse Juno, JUnit, and Selenium
External IDE integration/add-ins for LoadRunner scripts and applications
- Ability to invoke the Controller directly from Visual Studio and Eclipse
- Add-ins for Visual Studio 2012 for VuGen scripts and unit test developers
- Support for latest version of Eclipse
Improvements in Virtual Table Server (VTS) (read more)
- Create multiple running instances of VTS
- Run VTS commands and batch files from the command line
- Populate data tables with sample data from the main menu
Integration with latest HP product versions
- HP Service Virtualization
- HP Diagnostics
- HP SiteScope
- HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT)
- HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- Workflow diagrams added to user guide for testing and script creation processes
- Enhancements to Flex, Web HTTP/HTML, and TruClient protocol documentation, with added tasks and procedures
- Improved organization of function reference including additional code samples and the new WebSocket functions
- Simplified product installation with shorter installation time
- Non-admin user support: LoadRunner components can now run under a standard user account and with UAC and DEP enabled—an administrator account is no longer required
- Shunra integration enhancements
- Database API functions are now available for all C language protocols
Community license bundle
- LoadRunner is now delivered with the Community bundle; this replaces the Instant-on license.
- The new bundle is permanent, with 50 Vusers.
- It includes all the protocols with the exception of GUI (UFT), COM/DCOM, and all the protocols in the template bundle.
For full details, check out the readme and the product documentation.
The full package including all distributable components can be downloaded from My Software Updates portal after signing in with your HP Passport.
You can also download free LoadRunner 12.00 Community Edition from http://www.hp.com/go/loadrunner
We are pleased to bring you this important release.
Thank you for choosing HP LoadRunner!
R&D Manager, LoadRunner
03-22-2014 10:34 AM
LR 12.00 supports RDP 8, which is the one used in Windows 2012.
Creating multi protocol scripts of Web HTTP/HTML + RDP were possible in the past and this functionality is still available.
R&D Manager, LoadRunner
03-22-2014 11:04 AM
Thanks for the swift response.
I have installed LR 12 and tried to record using Web HTTP/HTML + RDP. I can the events generating only upto web portion and there are no events generating after click on my application (which is invoking RDP broker).
Any clue on this will be of a great help, not sure if I am doing any mistake.
03-22-2014 02:50 PM
Yes I was facing the same problem in LR11.52 aswell. As per HP LR 11.52 supports upto windows 2008 only. My environment is Windows 2012.
Please advise if there is any settings to be updated to record on Windows 2012 RDP.
03-22-2014 06:37 PM
First of all, your RDP client should be a subprocess of AUT (I think it's IE in your scenario). Otherwise, the events in RDP process will not be captured.
Regarding RDP broker, it's not been tested yet and there's no official support.
03-23-2014 02:57 AM
I am not sure how the AUT is setup. I would like to provide the process we follow to access my application, please advise if any settings i can request my IT team to make it work.
Open IE type the application access url >> AD login page opens
Input the AD user credentials >> navigates to a new page with application icon (events genertaed upto this part)
Click on icon to launch application login (no events generated from this point)
we do have a an rdp icon at my desktop >> click on incon which will navigate to application launch
03-25-2014 11:25 AM
I am excited to use LoadRunner 12.0! Among the many features I have an immediate need to use rendezvous points in TruClient protocol. Moreover the ability to convert TruClient scripts to HTTP/HTML can be handy when considering the need for mult-protocol scripts. I do have a couple questions:
- I currently have v11.52 installed. Do you recommend LoadRunner be uninstalled on the LG's and Controller before moving forward with the v12.0 installation or can I just upgrade to v12.0 without first uninstalling v11.52?
- Does v12.0 support TruClient as part of multi-protocol solutions?
Performance Testing Engineer
Blue Cross® Blue Shield® of Arizona
03-27-2014 01:59 AM
Hello Shaun Hill,
- You can perform a direct upgrade from 11.52 to 12.00 or you can uninstall-install. It doesnt matter much. IF you want to feel more "safe" then you can uninstall all older versions, delete remaining files from "Program Files" (and usrr folder) and then install 12.00. But this is not required
- TruClient cannot be recorded with another protocol due to its client-side (UI) nature
R&D Manager, LoadRunner
2 weeks ago
I would strongly suggest you to upgrade to lates and gratest - LoadRunner 12.01 is the latest released version. Perhaps when you will decide to upgrade there might be another newer release. Each new version of the product has more and more capabilities such as support for new environments, technolgoies, and protocols.
As for the support dates - you can find all the info (end of support, etc.) here: Obsolescence & Migrations.
R&D Manager, LoadRunner