LoadRunner 12.00 Released! (3523 Views)
HP Expert
IgorM
Message 1 of 10 (3,523 Views)

LoadRunner 12.00 Released!

[ Edited ]
It is with great pleasure that I announce the general availability of LoadRunner 12.00!

This release has a long list of features including the new Performance Testing in the Cloud capabilities, Community License Bundle, and numerous technologies and productivity enhancements. This release includes:

Support for load generators on the cloud (read more)

• Ability to provision cloud load generators directly from the Controller
  • Ability to run tests on load generators on Amazon EC2 Cloud

Enhanced communication interface between Controller and load generators

• Ability to configure the ports between all LoadRunner components—Controller, load generator, MI Listener, and Monitor over Firewall
  • Ability to connect from Controller to load generator, MI Listener, and Monitor over Firewall via proxy
  • Use of Network Connection profiles that let you configure connection information, such as port and proxy, separately for each load generator (read more)
  • Improved support and enhanced usability for SSL security (read more)
  • Ability to configure load generator to accept communication only from trusted Controllers using SSL authentication

Network and security manager

• New utility to configure network and security settings for LoadRunner agent, for both local and remote machines

Enhancements for testing mobile applications

• Replay support for SMP (SAP Mobile Platform) recorded sessions

Improvements and added features in VuGen

• Enhanced replay summary with transaction breakdown with new time- trend charts
  • Support for editing common file types in VuGen editor—not limited to Vuser scripts
  • Multiple VuGen usability improvements for better productivity
  • Ability to cancel a recording session without overwriting the script
  • Improved search capabilities
  • Performance improvements, including the ability to disable snapshots for better performance
  • Debugger improvements

Enhancements and added integrations for protocols

• Web HTTP/HTML:
    • TruClient to Web HTTP/HTML protocol script converter (read more)
    • SSL utility for performing various OpenSSL commands through a user-friendly interface
    • SPDY support
    • Internet Explorer 11 support
    • TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2, and TLS NPN support
    • Enhanced asynchronous support with ResponseHeader callback
    • Recording troubleshooting: ability to identify a recording failure and suggest a possible fix
  • Linux support: Replay now supports additional protocols on Linux-based load generators: FTP, IMAP, LDAP, POP3, SMTP, DNS, and Windows Sockets
  • TruClient: Support for rendezvous points, IP spoofing, and Shunra network virtualization
  • Silverlight: Support for latest version and IP Spoofing
  • SAP-Web: Correlation Studio support in VuGen
  • LDAP: Support for latest version of LDAP SDK
  • Flex: Support for the latest Flex SDK
  • .NET: Support for version 4.5
  • Citrix: Support for the latest versions of client receiver and XenDesktop, and the ability to run multiple published applications in the same session
  • SAP: SAP Application Testing by HP, HANA Edition (LoadRunner and Quality Center/Application Lifecycle Management) has received a Premium Qualification for SAP Vendor Branded Resellers. This certification is effective from LoadRunner 11.50 and Application Lifecycle Management 11.00.

New supported technologies and platforms

• Windows Server 2012 support
  • Record and replay support for latest Internet Explorer, Chrome version, and Firefox
  • Support for latest versions of Eclipse Juno, JUnit, and Selenium

External IDE integration/add-ins for LoadRunner scripts and applications

• Ability to invoke the Controller directly from Visual Studio and Eclipse
  • Add-ins for Visual Studio 2012 for VuGen scripts and unit test developers
  • Support for latest version of Eclipse

Improvements in Virtual Table Server (VTS) (read more)

• Create multiple running instances of VTS
  • Run VTS commands and batch files from the command line
  • VTS support through a JavaScript API
  • Populate data tables with sample data from the main menu

Integration with latest HP product versions

• HP Service Virtualization
  • HP Diagnostics
  • HP SiteScope
  • HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT)
  • HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)

Improved documentation

• Workflow diagrams added to user guide for testing and script creation processes
  • Enhancements to Flex, Web HTTP/HTML, and TruClient protocol documentation, with added tasks and procedures
  • Improved organization of function reference including additional code samples and the new WebSocket functions

General enhancements

• Simplified product installation with shorter installation time
  • Non-admin user support: LoadRunner components can now run under a standard user account and with UAC and DEP enabled—an administrator account is no longer required
  • Shunra integration enhancements
  • Database API functions are now available for all C language protocols

Community license bundle

• LoadRunner is now delivered with the Community bundle; this replaces the Instant-on license.
    • The new bundle is permanent, with 50 Vusers.
    • It includes all the protocols with the exception of GUI (UFT), COM/DCOM, and all the protocols in the template bundle.

For full details, check out the readme and the product documentation.

The full package including all distributable components can be downloaded from My Software Updates portal after signing in with your HP Passport.

You can also download free LoadRunner 12.00 Community Edition from http://www.hp.com/go/loadrunner

We are pleased to bring you this important release. 

Thank you for choosing HP LoadRunner!

Igor Markov
R&D Manager, LoadRunner
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
hm2noor
Message 2 of 10 (3,355 Views)

Re: LoadRunner 12.00 Released!

Hi,

Is LR 12 supports RDP 2012? 

Also  can I use multi protocol like web+RDP?

Regards,

Noor S

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
IgorM
Message 3 of 10 (3,347 Views)

Hello,

LR 12.00 supports RDP 8, which is the one used in Windows 2012.

Creating multi protocol scripts of Web HTTP/HTML + RDP were possible in the past and this functionality is still available.

Igor Markov
R&D Manager, LoadRunner
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
hm2noor
Message 4 of 10 (3,346 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the swift response.

I have installed LR 12 and tried to record using Web HTTP/HTML + RDP. I can the events generating only upto web portion and there are no events generating after click on my application (which is invoking RDP broker).

Any clue on this will be of a great help, not sure if I am doing any mistake.

Regards,

Noor   

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
GalShadeck
Message 5 of 10 (3,335 Views)

Hi Noor,

Have you faced such problem with previous LoadRunner versions?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
hm2noor
Message 6 of 10 (3,332 Views)

Hi,

Yes I was facing the same problem in LR11.52 aswell. As per HP LR 11.52 supports upto windows 2008 only. My environment is Windows 2012.

Please advise if there is any settings to be updated to record on Windows 2012 RDP. 

Thanks,

Noor  

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
KertLuo
Message 7 of 10 (3,322 Views)

Hi Noor,

First of all, your RDP client should be a subprocess of AUT (I think it's IE in your scenario). Otherwise, the events in RDP process will not be captured.

Regarding RDP broker, it's not been tested yet and there's no official support.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
hm2noor
Message 8 of 10 (3,316 Views)

Hi,

I am not sure how the AUT is setup. I would like to provide the process we follow to access my application, please advise if any settings i can request my IT team to make it work.

Open IE type the application access url >> AD login page opens

Input the AD user credentials >> navigates to a new page with application icon (events genertaed upto this part)

Click on icon to launch application login (no events generated from this point)

or

we do have a an rdp icon at my desktop >> click on incon which will navigate to application launch

Thanks,

Noor  

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
shaun_bcbs
Message 9 of 10 (3,240 Views)

Hi All,

I am excited to use LoadRunner 12.0!  Among the many features I have an immediate need to use rendezvous points in TruClient protocol.  Moreover the ability to convert TruClient scripts to HTTP/HTML can be handy when considering the need for mult-protocol scripts.  I do have a couple questions:

• I currently have v11.52 installed.  Do you recommend LoadRunner be uninstalled on the LG's and Controller before moving forward with the v12.0 installation or can I just upgrade to v12.0 without first uninstalling v11.52?
  • Does v12.0 support TruClient as part of multi-protocol solutions?

Thanks,

Shaun Hill

Performance Testing Engineer

Blue Cross® Blue Shield® of Arizona

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
IgorM
Message 10 of 10 (3,198 Views)

Hello Shaun Hill,

• You can perform a direct upgrade from 11.52 to 12.00 or you can uninstall-install. It doesnt matter much. IF you want to feel more "safe" then you can uninstall all older versions, delete remaining files from "Program Files" (and usrr folder) and then install 12.00. But this is not required
  • TruClient cannot be recorded with another protocol due to its client-side (UI) nature

Regards,

Igor Markov
R&D Manager, LoadRunner
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation