unsatisfied symbols (208 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Sugunthan Rajesh
Message 1 of 3 (208 Views)

unsatisfied symbols

When compiling a C++ program originally written for cfront then re-written and recompiled with the aCC compiler, I keep getting the below given error.

rm -f libWFM.sl~
(/opt/aCC/bin/aCC -Wl,-a,shared_archive, +DAportable -DRWSTD_NO_RWBOOLEN +Z WFMAttribute.o WFMDataObject.o WFMMessageLog.o WFMRma.o WFMTClassRegisry.o convert.o umq.o WFMDaemon.o WFMParentDaemon.o WFMChildDaemon.o WFMAdLogInfo.o WFMFileLog.o WFMEnv.o WFMException.o WFMDatabase.o ccutils.o mai.o -I/opt/common/rogue/7.1.1/workspaces/HPUX11/ACC32313/8dsheh8i -I/opt/common/ogue/7.1.1/workspaces/HPUX11/ACC32313/8dsheh8i/orasrc -I/WFMshared//src/includ -I/WFMshared//src/libWFM -I/opt/slayer/hdrs -L/opt/slayer/lib /opt/common/ogue/7.1.1/workspaces/HPUX11/ACC32313/8seh8i/lib/libor88seh8i.a -L/opt/common/ogue/7.1.1/workspaces/HPUX11/ACC32313/8dsheh8i/lib -ldbt8dsheh8i -ltls8dsheh8i /dbms/ora816/lib/ntcontab.o -L/dbms/ora816/lib -lclient8 -lsql8 -lsqlplus -ln -lsqlplus -lcommon8 -lgeneric8 -lnls8 -lcore8 -lnls8 -lcore8 -lnls8)
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
ml_message (code)
ntpini (code)
ntzini (code)
nttini (code)
nlbamsg (code)
nldtotrc (code)
sc_ml_setup (code)
WFMDaemon::shutDownFlag (data)
ntusini (code)
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

We recently upgraded the Rogue wave libraries, Oracle Database too.

Does any one know what library(s) they are in???
And how to get rid of this error.
Any ideas at all???
I need it very badly ?
Thanks,
Rajesh.S.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 2 of 3 (208 Views)

Re: unsatisfied symbols

[ Edited ]

>Does any one know what library(s) they are in???

You could use "nm -pxAN libs ..." to search for the lib with the definitions. They would show "D" or "T" for code or data respectively.

Honored Contributor
Mike Stroyan
Message 3 of 3 (208 Views)

Re: unsatisfied symbols

Several of those symbols come from Oracle's libclntsh. Add -lclntsh to the link line.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.