Problem while installing Compaq C Version 6.5 for Compaq Tru64 UNIX Systems (242 Views)
(anon)
Message 1 of 3 (242 Views)

Problem while installing Compaq C Version 6.5 for Compaq Tru64 UNIX Systems

Hi,

I am getting the following error while installing Compaq C Version 6.5 for Compaq Tru64 UNIX Systems:

The Compaq C Version 6.5 for Compaq Tru64 UNIX Systems (DTCCMPLR650) cannot be installed for the following reason(s):

Not installed: Standard Header Files (OSFINCLUDEnnn)

Please make sure you have the proper operating system version
and subsets installed before retrying the installation.

setld: Installation declined by subset control program (PRE_L). "Compaq C Version 6.5 for Compaq Tru64 UNIX Systems" (DTCCMPLR650) will not be loaded.

Can anyone tell me how can I install OSFINCLUDEnnn.

Regards,
ajaydec
Honored Contributor
Martin Moore
Message 2 of 3 (242 Views)

Re: Problem while installing Compaq C Version 6.5 for Compaq Tru64 UNIX Systems

Yes, this means that you don't have one of the operating system software subsets loaded. "nnn" will be a number appropriate to your version of Tru64 UNIX; V5.1B=540, V5.1A=520, etc. So if you're running V5.1B, the subset is OSFINCLUDE540.

You can reload this from the operating system installation CD. Mount it (let's say on /mnt) and then as root, run:

# cd /mnt/ALPHA/BASE
# setld -l . OSFINCLUDEnnn

(Substitute the appropriate numbers for nnn.)

Martin
Every complex problem has a solution that is simple, elegant--and utterly wrong.
(anon)
Message 3 of 3 (242 Views)

Re: Problem while installing Compaq C Version 6.5 for Compaq Tru64 UNIX Systems

Martin,

Thanks a lot for your time and efforts.

Regards,
ajaydec
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.