Datalist/Barlist specification file parsing in PERL ? (102 Views)
Advisor
Thierry Hugue
Message 1 of 3 (102 Views)

Datalist/Barlist specification file parsing in PERL ?

Hi,
I'm about to write some PERL code, helping me managing hundreds for datalist/barlist specifications.
For that, I need to parse files content located on my different cell servers.
Before re-inventing the wheel, I'm searching if anybody would have already written a piece of a PERL script to parse those configuration files ?
(could not find anything so far...)
Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
James R. Ferguson
Message 2 of 3 (102 Views)

Re: Datalist/Barlist specification file parsing in PERL ?

Hi:

Obviously your question is meaningful to you. You haven't provided any details of the input or output you want. Given that you know much more than you have enumerated, I suggest you begin by looking at the numerous modules that exist on CPAN. It is likely that one or more will form the basis for your solution:

http://search.cpan.org/

Regards!

...JRF...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Thierry Hugue
Message 3 of 3 (102 Views)

Re: Datalist/Barlist specification file parsing in PERL ?

Sorry if I was not clear in my question.

I meant that I'm writting some PERL code to script some check and verification tasks on my datalists/barlists files.
I'm quite OK with PERL (I know how to write such a parser in PERL), but I wondered if anybody ever write a PERL module that would PARSE DP datalists/barlists content ?
A "good" parser should be based on the grammar of the file, which is not always easy to define... So, if anybody did it, that would save a lot of time...

Thanks !
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation