Re: transact and vplus (189 Views)
Advisor
Jose Ramirez_6
Message 1 of 3 (189 Views)

transact and vplus

Hi.

I have modified the field of comarea timeuser and term-option (bit 9-10 = 01) for enabled timeout in Vreadfields, but transact return de follow message of erros after of expire the timeout:

*ERROR: Internal error: Terminal read failed. (FSERR 0) (VPLUS, REA00, REAPRO)
[0.185] [RADIO3]

thank you for help me.
JRM.
jose ramirez
Frequent Advisor
Phil Hubbard
Message 2 of 3 (189 Views)

Re: transact and vplus

JRM,

Consider the following;
The problem may be that the COMSTATUS field in the Comarea is not being set to zero before proceeding.
VREADFIELDS will return the value 160
to the field COMSTATUS, which the application can use to decide how to proceed. If the field is not set to zero before calling another VPLUS intrinsic, the error will be processed by VPLUS, the error message will
be displayed, and the program will abort. In the VPLUS manual, Section 6, all the VPLUS intrinsics are documented. For every intrinsic, it states that the COMSTATUS field of the Comarea must be set to zero before calling the next intrinsic.

I hope this helps.
Cathlene Mc Rae

Valued Contributor
susan gregory_1
Message 3 of 3 (189 Views)

Re: transact and vplus

Hi!
Are you using the TRANSACT GET(FORM) when doing the VREADFIELDS? I think the problem may be that the type of error returned from a timeout isn't something that TRANSACT is equipped to handle as a non-fatal error (you may need to find an enhancment request?).
You may want to try doing the VREADFIELDS with a PROC statement in case it does time out, then go back to the TRANSACT verbs for the other more "default" VPLUS type actions.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.