Re: SW for creating system disk image in Win2003 running on Itanium (1353 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Jaroslav Trlicik
Message 1 of 3 (1,353 Views)

SW for creating system disk image in Win2003 running on Itanium

Hello,

is there any SW which creates system disk backup as disk image (like Acronis) and works in Win 2003 on rx2660 ? The image should be stored on USB disk. As well this SW should be able to start from bootable CD/DVD with support of USB disks - important for offline backups and especially for bare metal recovery in the case of total system disk disaster.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 2 of 3 (1,353 Views)

Re: SW for creating system disk image in Win2003 running on Itanium

You may want to ask this question in the ITRC forum, either Servers > Integrity or Microsoft > 2003:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=275
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=278
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Robert Yung
Message 3 of 3 (1,353 Views)

Re: SW for creating system disk image in Win2003 running on Itanium

I'm using Symantec Ghost. Unfortunately, the Ghost bootdisk uses WinPE, which doesn't support 32bit applications like the Ghost client. The full Windows OS does support 32bit applications so... What I did was attach temporary storage to my server, install Windows to that storage, boot to that storage, and finally run Ghost to backup the original storage.

I have a SAN so I can remotely assign storage to my integrity boxes. I really have no idea if these boxes can boot off usb harddrive, but if you have an available drive bay, you certainly can put a harddrive in there and boot off that.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation