command needed re memory (167 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Kathleen Robinson
Message 1 of 4 (167 Views)

command needed re memory

Hello
Can you please tell me what command we can use to show the memory configuration (ie dim cards, size etc) on our HP 3000 N class.

Thank You

Kathleen Robinson
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
cathlene mcrae
Message 2 of 4 (167 Views)

Re: command needed re memory

Kathleen,

MPE/iX Memory and I/O Paths Configuration Guidelines for N-Class DocId: MPEKBRC00006625

This note provides a guide for n-classes.

the service processor (sp) with the hc command will provide a list of the memory installed. (console cntl b)

cstm
>map will also display the memory.

glance reports the number of processors in the global screen.

Cathlene Mc Rae
SR HP Response Center

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Chuck Ciesinski
Message 3 of 4 (167 Views)

Kathleen,

As Cathlene McRae indicated, CSTM can be used as it is the successor to SYSDIAG. However, if you have either SOS from Lund Performance Solutions or Glance/iX from HP on your system, those packages also identify the amount of memory on your system. But, using CSTM would be my first choice.

There was another tool on 6.0 called SYSINFO.PRVXL.TELESUP which also mapped your system. I don't know if that program was ported forward.

HTH,

Chuck Ciesinski
"Show me the $$$$$"
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kwan Fong, Emile
Message 4 of 4 (167 Views)

Hello Kathleen,

More specifically within cstm, you do:

1) cstm>map

2) cstm>sel dev ## where ## is the Dev Num (1st column) corresponding to a number identifying the memory

3) cstm>info

4) cstm>il this command will provide informations on memory DIMM slots and sizes in MB
King is the customer!
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation