Re: Installing Performance Collection Software (122 Views)
Advisor
Raul Uria Elices
Message 1 of 4 (122 Views)

Installing Performance Collection Software

Hi, I want use Performance Collection Software on my HP3000. The manual say that this software is installed on scopy.sys group, but I can´t find "scopejob" I think that I haven´t performance software installed. I have only three files on scope group (pvscope, pvserver, pvutil)

note: if I try to execute pvserver i get this error:
Potentially incompatible Operating System
versions exist between PVSCOPE and this system.

This is PVSCOPE version B.10.06(06) for MPE iX 5.5 .

MPE version Found = C.65.00 Expected = C.55.00
MI version Found = X.09.04 Expected = X.09.00 - X.10.99

Please contact your local Hewlett-Packard
Support Representative for resolution.

thanks
Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Dan Clifford
Message 2 of 4 (122 Views)

Re: Installing Performance Collection Software

Raul,

The scopejob is just the background job that needs to be running in order for you to collect data. You are probably missing some other pieces of the software that are going to be necessary before you can even get to running the scopejob. It also sounds like you have an old version of the scope programs on your system - versions that are no longer compatible with the operating system that your system is on. I would follow the advise of the error message that you got and contact someone from the HP Response Center or your local HP office to get assistance.

Trying to run an older version of this software that is not supported for your operating system could lead to unexpected results (system aborts) if you are not careful.

Dan
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Gerhard Roets
Message 3 of 4 (122 Views)

Hi Raul

Look at this link.

http://docs.hp.com/en/433/B1787-90008.pdf

Scopy is a subset of glance.

The key here is you do not only need to configure scopejob but also the scope metrics against which to measure your system.

Just as an example
1. A SCSI SE Disk has a lower threshold in terms of load that a SCSI LVD disk. Hence you need to setup metrics(parm.scope.sys) of when it is "bad" or ""going bad" in terms of load.

For your reference
http://jazz.external.hp.com is a good place for information hunting.

http://docs.hp.com/mpeix/all/index.html is also good to have a bookmark to.

HTH
Gerhard
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Fred Metcalf
Message 4 of 4 (122 Views)

Raul,
MPE/iX Performance Collection Software is part of a product that you need to purchase from HP: B2953A - HP GlancePlus Pak for MPE/iX
MPE systems come with a GLANCEIX program that may be activated for trial use. The
GLREADME.PUB.SYS file describes how to activate the trial period.
Fred
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation