Problems implementing enterprise SW that was selected by non-IT dept professionals? (198 Views)
Occasional Visitor
CSR_Reporting
Message 1 of 2 (198 Views)

Problems implementing enterprise SW that was selected by non-IT dept professionals?

[ Edited ]

I have been reading that IT is increasingly being left out of the decision of which Energy & Sustainability Mgt (ESM) system to buy.  Same is said to be true for Corp Social Responsbility (CSR) reporting software.  

From my experience this could create a lot of problems, such as lack of platform integration with back-end data streams; database integrity; feeds to front end dashboards, etc., with implications for data quality, security and transparency.

So I am collecting stories (anonymously of course), about any such hassles/mishaps that you or your colleagues might have experienced as result of having the enterprise system selection process dominated by non-IT interests.  My hope is that by compiling them and publishing them (first to those that contributed them of course) that there could be fewer such suboptimal experiences in the future.   

Thanks so much for any stories you can point me to!

- Stephanie

P.S. This thread has been moved from HP Anywhere Developer Forum to Infrastructure/Operations Information and News - HP Forum moderator

Honored Contributor
Yossi_Gutin
Message 2 of 2 (180 Views)

Re: Problems implementing enterprise SW that was selected by non-IT dept professionals?

Hi

This forum is for HP Anywhere development platform only, please do not post here the issues not connected to the topic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If some answer solves your problem, please mark it as a solution.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.