06-08-2010 11:45 AM
Have you ever thought: "Whoever designed this software must never have had to use it! Why can't they make it usable?"
Well, here's your chance to do something about it. HP would like to recruit technical users from customer companies to participate in Solution usability testing.
What’s being tested?
- Test 1: CCRM (Change Configuration Release Management) solution
- Test 2: CLIP (Closed Loop Incident Process) solution
Who should participate?
Technical users who are familiar with the task domains:
- CCRM test: Those involved in managing, approving, and implementing configuration change , e.g. Change Manager and staff, Change Advisory Board
- CLIP test: Those involved in monitoring and resolving events and incidents, e.g. first-tier support ("Operations Bridge") and second-tier support (Support Desk)
NOTE: Participants may but are not required to be familiar with the applications comprising these solutions.
When is the testing happening?
- CCRM: late June – mid July
- CLIP: July
- Get hands-on experience with the solution being tested
- Provide feedback that can influence and improve current and future solution experience design and usability
What’s involved and what’s the commitment?
- Solution shared from HP via meeting service like WebEx or Virtual Classroom
- Audio communication via phone conferencing
- Participants can be anywhere in world
- Typically one or two participants per session
- Tests focus on end-to-end walkthroughs of frequent and/or critical use cases
- Test session typically lasts 1.5 to 2 hours
- Participants "think aloud" while using the solution
- HP collects usage feedback about what’s working, what’s meeting expectations, or not
- Feedback helps HP validate, prioritize, and identify solutions for usability defects
Go ahead, give usability testing a shot! Help HP find the usability problems and how to fix them when the solutions are still being developed, and NOT when you're trying to deploy and use them!
To participate, contact by 6/30/10:
- Linn Johnk, BTO Solutions Usability Lead, linn.johnk [at] hp.com
- Mike Renfro, Usability Test Coordinator, mike.renfro [at] hp.com