A guest post from Judy DePuy, who is one of the people at HP who helps manage partner relationships.
I just attended a fabulous get-together at the V Bar at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas, where we are holding HP Discover this year. The hosts of the event were CT Consultants, one of our Canadian Partners, and Arrow, one of HP’s leading distributors.
HP Software and Solutions recently sponsored a series of virtualization roundtables, run by CIO magazine, where we shared the 2009 study findings on virtualization adoption and challenges. During these events we heard over 100 IT executives tell us their specific needs around virtualization and their desire to continue with the discussion around key areas of virtualization.
We’re created a series of webinars to help continue the virtualization discussions including:
• April 13 - Optimizing service modeling, discovery, and monitoring for VMware environments
• April 14 - Protecting Virtualized Environments from Disaster with HP Data Protector
• April 21 - Testing Smarter and Faster with Virtualization
• April 22 - Improve customer satisfaction and maintain service levels in virtualized environments
• April 27- BCBS of Florida builds a foundation for virtualization with HP Asset Manager
• April 29 - Virtualization: Compliance enforcement in a virtualized world
Here are the details for the Optimizing service modeling, discovery, and monitoring for VMware environments webinar I will be presenting on April 13.
In this webinar, Luigi Tiano, Enterprise Management Practice Director at CT Consultants, and Peter Spielvogel, Group Product Marketing Manager at HP, will discuss the challenges of managing virtualized environments. Using examples from several customer deployments, they will detail several proven approaches that show how unified monitoring for physical and virtual infrastructure leads to reduced costs, improved visibility, and higher availability of business services.
During this webinar, you will learn:
- best practices for performing event management with VMware
- how customers have deployed HP solutions to effectively solve problems managing virtualized environments
- how to combine agent and agentless technologies to optimize event and performance management
- the importance of service discovery and how to maintain up-to-date service and dependency map
Register now for one or more of the web events in the April 2010 virtualization series and take the next step in virtualization management.
For HP Operations Center, Peter Spielvogel.