With the latest release of HP SiteScope (11.11), many enhancements have been made. In particular, tight integration between SiteScope and Service Health Reporter/Service Health Optimizer was implemented, which drastically helps those organization employing such ITIL concepts as Capacity Management, Incident Management, and Problem Management. At a high-level, there are new metrics associated with VMware monitors and detailed topology reporting to HP's BSM (Business Service Management) solution.
A deeper, more informative list of these enhancements is as follows:
New solution template for VMware Capacity Management.! This solution template enables SiteScope to collect data from VMware monitors and report it to the data store on the HP Operations agent. This data can then be used in various supported reporting products, including HP Service Health Optimizer (SHO), HP's capacity management solution, and Service Health Reporter (SHR), HP's service centric cross-domain reporting solution.
Ability to provide metrics data from VMware Host and VMware Performance monitors to HP Performance Manager and to BSM's Operations Management using the HP Operations agent. The reported metrics are now associated with the relevant resource: ESX host, VM, or Resource Pool.
- Added new configuration metrics for the VMware Performance and VMware Host State monitors.
- Added resource pool owner name to the VMware Performance monitor, which allows you to distinguish between different Resource Pools with the same name.
- Increased performance and load capacity: SiteScope installed on a 64-bit environment supports configurations with up to 2150 VMware Host and VMware Performance monitors running concurrently. This loaded system can be integrated with BSM and OM metrics.
- Added the "Verify monitor properties with remote server" check box to the Deployment Values dialog box when deploying the VMware Performance monitor from a template. Clearing this option deploys the monitor without connecting to the server, thereby enabling template deployment on powered on and powered off VMs.
- Status message of VMware Host monitors now includes counter values.
- Removed the maximum counters limit from the VMware Performance monitor.