Re: Ignite-UX Golden Image - Archive on Tape (530 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Message 1 of 3 (543 Views)

Ignite-UX Golden Image - Archive on Tape

Hello, folks,

I am attempting to clone an HP-UX server (cluster member).  I do not have an HP-UX server with resources to work as an Ignite-UX server, and the golden archive created with make_sys_image is too large to fit on to a DVD.  I therefore had to store the golden archive on tape.  Now here's my problem.

I want to use make_media_install to prepare a bootable DVD, which I can use to restore the content of the golden archive from the tape.  I couldn't find any documentation specific to what I am attempting.  Is what I am attempting supported?  If it is, how should I get it done?  If it isn't supported, what should I do?  I don't have resources to build an ignite server.

HP Pro
Message 2 of 3 (532 Views)

Re: Ignite-UX Golden Image - Archive on Tape

Ignite-UX provides 2 methods to clone a system.
1. The more flexible and complex golden image method
2. A much simpler method is to use either make_net_recovery or make_tape_recovery.

In your case you can use make_tape_recovery to clone the system.

For more details about pros and cons of the above 2 methods, refer the Page No: 214 in Ignite-UX admin guide in the below link

Click here view Ignite-UX Admin Guide

Regards,
Pradeep

I am an HP Employee
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

HP Pro
Message 3 of 3 (530 Views)

Re: Ignite-UX Golden Image - Archive on Tape

For most common Ignite-UX Server configruation and troubleshooting, refer the HP Ignite-UX Guided Troubleshooting:

Click here to access HP Ignite-UX Guided Troubleshooting (HPGT)

To access all the available HPGT, go to www.hp.com/support/hpgt and navigate across the product to view the Guided troubleshooting.

For example, to view Ignite-UX GT, From the above link -> Choose Software -> Software Deployment -> HP Ignite-UX

Regards,
Pradeep

I am an HP Employee
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.