How to Compare drivers on two hp-ux servers (132 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Abhijeet
Message 1 of 3 (132 Views)

How to Compare drivers on two hp-ux servers

Hi

I  need help from  you to how to identify or compare drivers & its version between two hp-ux server.

Background;

I  have two servers serverA & server B   ( Both vpar on rp8420 ).  As business need I need to move Vpar OS  environment of server A  to   another  hardware - server C, again vpar slot on rp8420.

I  can able to successfully restore Ignite image  of  server B to server C , but could not do the same for  server A .

During  ignite intallation OS archive get loaded successfully however during server boot process, server get panic with error.  VFS-MOUNTROOTs failed Needs Drivers ???

Steps taken : - I confirm patches both both server A & B are identical ( checked using  show_patches ) also confirm  scsi, Fibre,ethernet drivers  installed packages are same using swlist.

I  also tyied to boot newly installed ignite image using   vparboot -p serverC -o "-lm"  . But still panic.

So like to know from this forum,  how to identify compare drivers between two servers.  Which I am missing right now.

Thanks

Abhijeet

Honored Contributor
Duncan Edmonstone
Message 2 of 3 (111 Views)

Re: How to Compare drivers on two hp-ux servers

What version of the OS are you on? If 11.31 you can use sysdiff to compare two systems without you having to do it manually:

sysdiff serverA serverB

HTH

Duncan
Occasional Contributor
Abhijeet
Message 3 of 3 (102 Views)

Re: How to Compare drivers on two hp-ux servers

Thanks Duncan.   Glad to know about new command.

Though server OS  I am referring here is 11.11

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.