Re: Copy from aplication cd to depot with codeword include (19 Views)
Regular Advisor
Rene Mendez_4
Message 1 of 4 (19 Views)

Copy from aplication cd to depot with codeword include

I have aplication cd, with codewords license i have the codewords, i need create a new depot from cd.

swcopy parameters ???

Regards
Rene
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Kim_18
Message 2 of 4 (19 Views)

Re: Copy from aplication cd to depot with codeword include

try swcopy -x codeword=
From Man page:
codeword= Provides the "codeword" needed to unlock protected HP CD-ROM software.
Some HP software products are shipped on CD-ROM as "protected" products. That is, they cannot be installed or copied unless a "codeword" and "customer ID" are provided. The codeword is found on the CD-ROM certificate which you received from HP. You may use this default specification on the command line or the SD-UX Interactive User Interface to enter the codeword.

Kim
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
john kingsley
Message 3 of 4 (19 Views)

You can also do this interactively by running:
#swcopy -i -d
You will prompted to choose your target and source depots. When prompted for source, select Find Local CD. You will get a warning message that the CD contains protected softare, but you will the be able to add the codewords by selecting Actions->Add New Codeword
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Ermin Borovac
Message 4 of 4 (19 Views)

You can also put the codeword in /var/adm/sw/.codewords on the server where depot will reside.

#CD_part_number Customer_Id IdType Codeword
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation