01-29-2011 03:33 AM
01-29-2011 07:54 PM
Older servers here do not show the disk firmware. It may also be driven by what disk FW can be done from the VCA, effectively online.
01-31-2011 12:52 AM
I'm not sure i understand. For instance, i have a bl25p G2 which supports online upgrades of the SAS disks installed. If have both the wbem/snmp agents installed for testing. if i use Wbem as the data source for SMH, the disk firmware installed shows in the vca and the latest version from the VCRM shows as available for install. If i use snmp, they dont.
03-29-2011 02:30 AM
07-25-2011 01:29 PM
My experience with VCA displaying HDD firmware versions:
- you must have WBEM provider installed even if you use SMH set to SNMP mode
- HDD firmware version(s) displayed appears to be related to version of VCA installed (see below)
- this feature is likely only useable with HDD's that support Online Firmware updates (eg. SAS, SATA)
While double checking some servers re HDD firmware updates last week, I noticed that HP Version Control Agent Version 126.96.36.1990 (Release Date 2/20/11) isn't showing newer HDD firmwares (some? all?) and/or seemingly incorrect ones for hardware installed:
- Firmware Flash Component for Windows - HP StorageWorks P2000/MSA2000 72GB,146GB 15K SAS 6G SFF Hard Drive (DH0072FAQRD, DH0146FAQRE) HPDE for a server that isn't connected to P2000/MSA2000 enclosure
- after removing above from VCRM, Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - DH0072FAQRD and DH0146FAQRE drives Version HPDD is displayed instead of expected Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - DH0072FAQRD, DH0146FAQRE, EH0146FAWJB, and EH0072FAWJA Drives Version HPDG
- after removing HPDD version, the above version VCA displays a blank for newer HDD firmware available.
I then noted that another server of similar configuration with an older Version Control Agent Version 188.8.131.520 does properly show the latest version HDD driver:
Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - DH0072FAQRD, DH0146FAQRE, EH0146FAWJB, and EH0072FAWJA Drives HPDG
I hope someone from HP sees this as it's a problem that I think they need to fix in the VCA and/or the files delivered to VCRM.
09-27-2011 05:01 PM
Found another HDD type with newer firmware available that Version Control Agent 184.108.40.2060 does not show in comparison with current version:
Disk Drive Firmware - DH072ABAA6 HPD9 or HPDA
The above noted version VCA isn't showing that this firmware is available to be applied:
Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - DH036ABAA5, DH036BB977, DH072BB978, and DH072ABAA6 drives version HPDB (English (US), Japanese, German, French, Italian, Spanish)