Re: SNMP outbound broken after 7.2 upgrade (74 Views)
Reply
Trusted Contributor
LGentile
Posts: 270
Registered: ‎09-04-2012
Message 1 of 3 (106 Views)

SNMP outbound broken after 7.2 upgrade

I finally upgraded to SIM 7.2.2 (latest version I can run due to IRSA) and shortly after, I noticed that discoveries and identify tasks fail with systems running SNMP.  I also tried using the sytem types tool to pull OIDs from systems and it fails as well.

 

I stumbled across a blog where someone found that a new parameter existed in the globalsettings file - "JavaSnmpStack", and setting it to 'false' fixed the issue for me - for about 15 minutes!  Without doing anything else, the same issue came back.

 

It's very strange.. yes the clients have valid SNMP community names and yes the SIM credentials are correct - i have thousands of devices so they all could not be wrong.

 

Thanks

 

Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
BrianKelly
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎12-19-2011
Message 2 of 3 (96 Views)

Re: SNMP outbound broken after 7.2 upgrade

I have the same issue except not as bad.  It happens to me about every 2 weeks.  I reboot the SIM server and all is good again.  It's a bit frustrating though because I made a collection of servers in alarm and they don't show up there when the issue arises.  After the reboot they show up.  Data collection and system identifies don't pull down data until after the reboot.  Wondering what's changing to do this. 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
LGentile
Posts: 270
Registered: ‎09-04-2012
Message 3 of 3 (74 Views)

Re: SNMP outbound broken after 7.2 upgrade

Yeah I am in a similar situation. 


Traps seem to work just fine, but it screws up my collections since a lot of systems end up as 'unknown'.  I also use the daily ID task to find broken agents or servers that are no longer responding to polls.. now the ID task takes 15+ hours and doesn't complete properly, so I can't really tell what servers really have issues since ALL the SNMP servers (Windows) come up as major failures..

 

I will open a case with HP on this one and post something if I hear back.  We're not ready to use WBEM with Windows yet since we have a lot of legacy systems, so that really isn't an option right now.  Same goes for agentless, can't do that due to IRSA in case anyone suggests that. 

 

Thanks

 

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation