Accelerator Board Status Change (3038) - Event (1339 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Mahesh Shah_3
Message 1 of 3 (1,339 Views)

Accelerator Board Status Change (3038) - Event

I have modified the CPQIDA-MIB setting from Critical to minor for Accelerator Broad status change (3038), why still receiving the following Event Severity as Critical status.
Event Details: Accelerator Board Status Change (3038)

Event Identification and Details

Event Severity Critical
Cleared Status Not cleared
Event Source ad2hfdrtl001
Associated System ad2hfdrtl001
Associated System Status Major
Event Time Thu, 1/18/2007, 11:50:34 AM EST
Description Accelerator Board Status Change. This trap signifies that the agent has detected a change in the status of an array accelerator cache board. The current status is represented by the variable cpqDaAccelStatus. User Action: If the accelerator board status is permDisabled(5), you may need to replace the accelerator board.

Thanks,
Mahesh
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Greg Stiegler
Message 2 of 3 (1,339 Views)

Re: Accelerator Board Status Change (3038) - Event

Not sure about changing the alert level, but does this occur on a reboot but otherwise show an optimal status? I have noticed this on a couple of servers and wondering if it is a faulty battery not holding a charge. My understanding is that this should only occur if the battery on the board is completely discharged, such as the server being powered off for several hours or more.

=Greg
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
OlivierV
Message 3 of 3 (1,339 Views)

Re: Accelerator Board Status Change (3038) - Event

Modifying the mib is not enough. Did you recompile it after the change, or modify the severity in SIM (options/Events/Snmp Trap Settings) ?
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation