Re: Use DDMi for software recognition by inventory data from third tools (143 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Pasol
Message 1 of 3 (172 Views)

Use DDMi for software recognition by inventory data from third tools

If I have tool that collect data about files from PC, but haven't option for recognition installed software based this data (for example MS SCCM).

Could I use DDMi for recognition software by importing and processing data collected such tools?

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Jeff Sikorski
Message 2 of 3 (151 Views)

Re: Use DDMi for software recognition by inventory data from third tools

I'm not sure if I fully understand your situation.

It sounds like you have a 3rd party tool that collects file information... and you want to use the output from this and run it through the DDMI Recognition Engine?

It probably wouldn't work unless it was in a .XSF output... which I doubt your 3rd party tool would do. 

Why not just use DDMI to run the scanner and produce the .xsf output file and do the software recognition? 

~Jeff

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Pasol
Message 3 of 3 (143 Views)

Re: Use DDMi for software recognition by inventory data from third tools

If customer use, for example, MS SCCM or LANDesk for  management of PCs, idea about installing additional DDMi agents don't look good in the mind of customer.

But MS SCCM and LANDesk have poor capacity in software recognizing.

For creation powerfull SAM system based on HP AM (because HP AM haven't function of software recognize, also) we need use some external system for software recognition and it will be good if we could use DDMi.

Actualy, the lack of software recognition engine is big competitive weak of HP AM in market of SAM systems.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation