Import/export of Jython scripts into source control to improve workflow (git) (270 Views)
Occasional Collector
dcolebatch
Message 1 of 6 (270 Views)

Import/export of Jython scripts into source control to improve workflow (git)

Hi all,

I'm wondering what workflows others have adopted to manage the discovery scripts in DDM?

We are looking to put source control management around the jython scripts so we can try tweak and experiment without losing sleep.  Currently everyone is too scared to make changes because we fear we can't rollback easily and this will impact our support arrangements.

Our entire dev team use git to great effect, so we'd like to leverage that infrastructure if possible.

Looking forward to hearing how others deal with this, and hoping we don't have to copy/paste...

Regards,

David

Valued Contributor
figenkum
Message 2 of 6 (259 Views)

Re: Import/export of Jython scripts into source control to improve workflow (git)

This is the DDM I Customer forum, please ask your question in the UCMDB CUstomer forum to get responses.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/uCMDB-Support-Customer-Forum/bd-p/ucmdb-support-customer-forum

Thanks

HP Support
If you find that this or any post has resolved your issues please mark it as solved.
Occasional Collector
dcolebatch
Message 3 of 6 (245 Views)

Re: Import/export of Jython scripts into source control to improve workflow (git)

Hi there,

I clicked your link, but I don't have access to that forum:

"Sorry, you do not have sufficient privileges for that action."

I'm really lost in these discussion boards... can you re-link me to something that works?

Regards,

David

Valued Contributor
figenkum
Message 4 of 6 (234 Views)

On the top of the messages can you go to line

Then click on Products, do you see UCMDB, can you click on that and post it there?

HP Support
If you find that this or any post has resolved your issues please mark it as solved.
Occasional Collector
dcolebatch
Message 5 of 6 (232 Views)

Nope - there is no uCMDB there...

Sreenshot attached:

Valued Contributor
figenkum
Message 6 of 6 (229 Views)

Under products go to CMS and Discovery and post it there. I believe that should solve the issue.

HP Support
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.