Re: Agent ping doesn't work, but telnet 7738 does work (253 Views)
Occasional Advisor
driekus77
Message 1 of 3 (285 Views)
Accepted Solution

Agent ping doesn't work, but telnet 7738 does work

Hello,

When I try to ping a machine from DDMI I get the comment:

Failed to contact the client by all configured workflows

Timeout waiting for reply

But when I try a Telnet on port 7738 is does work.

Does anyone know what this problem is ?

Regards,

Dirk

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
driekus77
Message 2 of 3 (271 Views)

Re: Agent ping doesn't work, but telnet 7738 does work

I already solved the problem. When DDMI is very busy he can't ping the agent anymore. After an hour it worked again!

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Jeff Sikorski
Message 3 of 3 (253 Views)

Re: Agent ping doesn't work, but telnet 7738 does work

I actually have a ticket open with HP about this... they are trying to get to the bottom of it.  My DDMI server has gotten so bad that I've been having to re-start the DDMI services every morning.

I'm somewhat glad to know that I'm not the only person experiencing this.  DDMI should not work like this... there are always supposed to be at least 4 "Reserved sessions" for your DDMI Agent Communication.  If you allow 80 Agent Comms at a time, by default it really is only 76 agent comms... and 4 are always supposed to be open for 'admin functions'.  I've never had a problem like this until a few months ago.

It seems to come and go, and very hard to track down the cause.  But basically you got it.. time usually fixes it.  If it gets worse and worse you can re-start the DDMI services to clear all the agent comm's out.

~Jeff

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation