Re: Add nodes automatically with different IP range (71 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Nguyen T
Message 1 of 5 (71 Views)
Accepted Solution

Add nodes automatically with different IP range

Hi,
I have to add over 300 servers with different IP range to DDMI.
Can you suggest me how to add them automatically?
Any insight greatly received.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
ankit gupta_1
Message 2 of 5 (71 Views)

Re: Add nodes automatically with different IP range

Hi Nquyen,

I didnt get properly your question.

Can you give me some more insight on the different IP ranges?

I want to know whether all the 300 servers are in the different IP ranges or some servers in the same ip ranges like that....

Regards,
Ankit Gupta
Always Believe "The Best is yet to Come".
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Nguyen T
Message 3 of 5 (71 Views)

Hi,
I mean that we have about 150 braches with over 300 servers. Each one has 1 or 2 serves. If I create 150 devices groups, and assign IP address range of each branch into each group respectively, it'll take a long time to discover all servers automatically ( because of network latency etc ...). I have to install agent on all servers, so that maybe I dont have enough time to wait for the automatically discovery finish.
Can I add all servers into DDMI's database manually?
For ex: we can add a text file with ip addresses of all servers into DDMI, so it can register these servers into its database immediately.
Thanks

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
ankit gupta_1
Message 4 of 5 (71 Views)

HI Nguyen,

Thanks for providing the information.

As per your information, you have 1 or 2 servers in each IP address ranges, and you dont want to create 150 device groups because it may take long time to discover them.and u want to add those nodes in ED Database through some text files like concepts.

So as per my knowledge, there is no concepts like that. because ED first discovers the node and add that node information into the database and then deploy agent in the node.

So you have to create 150 device group manually or u can go through the ROUTER DISCOVERY Options.

Try the Router discovery Options, because it will give you the information of the whole subnets which is configured in the router.

If you need more info, you can directly shoot a mail to me at ankit.elex@gmail.com.

Regards,
Ankit Gupta
Always Believe "The Best is yet to Come".
Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Matthew Darwin
Message 5 of 5 (71 Views)

Discovering 300 servers should only take a few minutes (certainly under 1 hour).

The more specific your IP ranges the faster it will go.

By default DDMI will discover IP addresses at a rate of 5/sec. This is controlled in "ping rate" under Admin>Server Configuration.

When you Activate Changes under Admin>Discovery Configuration, DDMI will tell you how long it will take.

Getting scan results back for those 300 servers will most likely take longer than 1 hour. Depends on what information you're scanning for.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation