Service Manager has gone social! HP Service Manager (SM) 9.31 now deeply embeds HP’s Enterprise Collaboration to provide a robust collaboration capability within Service Manager that also seamlessly connects to other social messaging tools and companion HP products. SM Collaboration allows service desk and associated employees to become more effective through a whole new level of interaction!
SM Collaboration molds unstructured conversations into organized discussions in which employees can participate and contribute. SM Collaboration allows SM and non-SM users alike to collaborate in real time (or anytime, for that matter!) in the context of an Incident, an Interaction or a Change. Non-SM users can also jump in on the fun and participate in conversations by using the HP Microsoft Office Communicator or Lync, or even e-mail.
Check out this video, which provides a comprehensive overview of HP Service Manager 9.31’s new capabilities. It includes social collaboration, service portal enhancements, new UCMDB browser and seamless UCMDB integrations.
SM Collaboration key features:
- Initiates and maintains real time conversations for SM Incident, Interaction and Change
- Delivers integration with Office Communicator/Lync
- Supports online status of participants and provides suggestions
Benefits for the end user:
- The conversation is stored as a permanent part of the process record, which provides the ability to capture conversation history in context of the record.
- SM Collaboration feature is embedded within SM, which allows users to focus on their work instead of constantly switching desktop windows to jump to other collaboration tools.
- SM Collaboration suggests relevant users that you could invite to join the conversation based on the context of the current ticket (the contact, configuration item, service, or assignment group).
Since the Collaboration feature is based on HP Enterprise Collaboration, it’s easy for SM Collaboration to be, well, social with other Enterprise Collaboration integrated applications as well. Collaboration is an embedded component of several HP products, such as Service Anywhere.
HP Service Anywhere (SAW) utilizes the same Enterprise Collaboration platform as Service Manager, thereby creating technological synergy within the HP IT Service Management Solution. Service Anywhere features contextual real-time collaboration aimed at staff productivity via conversation threads directed to relevant system help desk objects. It is capable of hosting multiple simultaneous collaboration sessions with automatically associated and recorded exchanges. To see how Collaboration enhances the incident management process within HP Service Anywhere, check out our videos on the HP ITSM YouTube Channel. And for more information on HP Service Manager or Service Anywhere, please visit www.hp.com/go/itsm.
Come mingle with SM Collaboration and SAW Collaboration, and for all other things HP ITSM, follow us on Twitter @HP ITSM!