What do you do when flawed and improperly implemented change decisions grip your business and threaten its effectiveness? You grab HP CMS 10 out of your toolbox. An HP IT Performance Suite power tool, HP CMS 10 is made up of HP Universal Discovery, HP UCMDB, HP UCMDB Web Browser and HP UCMDB Configuration Manager. It enables well-informed decision making processes based on an ample understanding of your organization’s technical and business dependencies. Through improved visibility into potential decision impacts, HP CMS 10 proactively aides businesses in avoiding costly IT service disruptions and failures for continual maximum performance.
This power tool can perform any of the following functions:
- Data collecting: A key function of HP CMS 10 is its ability to gather configuration data in an automated fashion from the many providers across an enterprise and supply it to consumers.
- Configuration management: HP CMS 10 provides configuration validation as part of the configuration management lifecycle.
- Presenting information: HP CMS 10 allows you to use both service and element configurations to find the right data in the right context to solve IT incidents.
- HP Universal Discovery software: Automated discovery capabilities support the management of physical, virtual and cloud projects while simultaneously enabling clients to reduce costs and risks associated with service disruptions and increase the speed of project completion. Currently, 40% of the Fortune 50 companies are utilizing this software.
As a direct result of its capabilities, HP CMS 10 enables enterprises, governments and managed service providers (MSPs) to:
- Save time through efficient software and hardware inventory discovery
- Save money by automatic locating and cataloging new technologies related to network hardware, open-source middleware, storage, enterprise resource planning (ERP) and infrastructure software providers
- Better manage multiple client environments with a single HP CMDB with improved automation and security
- Speed time to value with a simplified interface and enhanced scalability
- Minimize failure risks as a result of poorly constructed server clusters by introducing new server compliance thresholds
Now you know which power tool to pluck out of your IT toolbox for optimal change management. After all, it didn’t win the CRN award for nothing!
For even more knowledge about everything HP ITSM, follow us on Twitter at @HP ITSM.