Re: Search not working correctly (Application "Portfolio Items", field "Supervisor&am (330 Views)
Occasional Advisor
AleksV
Message 1 of 8 (375 Views)

Search not working correctly (Application "Portfolio Items", field "Supervisor")

[ Edited ]

Application "Portfolio Items". If we want to find Portfolio Item by specific Supervisor (first sort by Supervisor, then right mouse button click on the column in list and then click "Go to", enter the name of interest person) - the search is not correct. We did not get to the right person. As an example, the search is done for Voevodin Ivan (see attached screenshot "Search"). On the second attached screenshot "Result" a dedicated line - the position found by HP Asset Manager. It does not match what was expected to find. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

HP Asset Manager Version 5.22

DBMS - MS SQL Server 2008 R2

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Mark Cullen_1
Message 2 of 8 (365 Views)

Re: Search not working correctly (Application "Portfolio Items", field "Supervisor&qu

This could be a bug however you are sorting on a linked field.  Take note as to the display name value for the link.  Do you get the same result if you use the Supervisor.Name as the column?

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Jason_Dowd
Message 3 of 8 (358 Views)

Re: Search not working correctly (Application "Portfolio Items", field "Supervisor&am

I would turn on the adblog and see what query is actually being sent to the DB when you use the "Goto". I don't know if it still exists, but there used to be a defect (circa AC 3.x) when using "Goto" with a link rather than an actual field.

The query will tell you what is being looked for, though.
Jason Dowd
HP Software Support

If this post has helped you resolve the issue, please flag it as solved.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
AleksV
Message 4 of 8 (350 Views)

Re: Search not working correctly (Application "Portfolio Items", field "Supervisor&am

If I use Supervisor.Name then the transition is working correctly, but this is only part of the full name. ie if I want to go to a specific person, who is the owner of a large number of portfolio items, we can not do it that way. Especially in this case there is another problem - if in the line I will point out the Supervisor Name of a non-existent, then the system will send me to a random record, and even will not give an error message that such Supervisor does not exist.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Mark Cullen_1
Message 5 of 8 (348 Views)

This thread is identical to your other thread in that you will have the same issue.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
AleksV
Message 6 of 8 (344 Views)

Yes, the error associated with the same type of fields (User and Supervisor), but these are different bugs and solving one of them may not be associated with the solving of the other

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
AleksV
Message 7 of 8 (334 Views)

Query is SELECT TOP 1001 P1.lIconId, P1.lPortfolioItemId, P1.fQty, A2.AssetTag, U4.Symbol, M3.Name, U5.Name, U5.FirstName, U5.FirstName2, U5.Name, U5.FirstName, U5.FirstName2, U5.Name, U5.FirstName, U5.FirstName2 FROM amPortfolio P1, amAsset A2, amModel M3, amUnit U4, amEmplDept U5 WHERE U5.Name > (SELECT E1.Name FROM amEmplDept E1 WHERE E1.lEmplDeptId = 2035596)  AND P1.lAstId=A2.lAstId AND P1.lModelId=M3.lModelId AND M3.lUseUnitId=U4.lUnitId AND P1.lUserId=U5.lEmplDeptId ORDER BY 10.

Therefore, the error is "...U5.Name > (SELECT ...".

It must be "...U5.Name >= (SELECT ..." or "...U5.Name = (SELECT ...".

Who knows how to change the query sent by a HP AM client?

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Jason_Dowd
Message 8 of 8 (330 Views)

You can't change the query. You'll have to open a ticket and have it logged as a defect.
Jason Dowd
HP Software Support

If this post has helped you resolve the issue, please flag it as solved.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation