Re: Periodic Work flow which does not run (229 Views)
Occasional Contributor
xabdel
Message 1 of 7 (271 Views)
Accepted Solution

Periodic Work flow which does not run

Hi,

context : workflow which has like context “amPortfolio”, the workflow is programmed to execute 2 script which sends e-mails, on Friday of each week at 17H.

q1/ why doesn't the workflow go?
q2/ is it the workflow is executed for all the recording of the table?
if yes,  what I should  do to prevent it

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Mark Cullen_1
Message 2 of 7 (254 Views)

Re: Periodic Work flow which does not run

q1 - there are many reasons why this won't execute.  Is the workflow setup to be processed by server or immediately?  Does this workflow have an execution group associated?  Does this workflow have an activation condition that makes sense?  Does the workflow activity (associated with actions) set to execute immediately?  How are the following flags set:  One single active workflow instance for an object (General tab of workflow record), and Reinitialize workflow instance if there is already one in progress (General tab of Start event).

q2 - If you want the workflow to process for individual record(s) in a table then your workflow 'Context of start object' needs to be the table where the records are located.  If you want the workflow to process once for any/all records in a table then your workflow 'Context of start object' should be the workflow table with the identifier (Ref) of workflow in the Activation condition of Start event.  This latter option means the actions will process any/all records as one instance so the action context table is None.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Supriya25
Message 3 of 7 (238 Views)

Hi Mark ,

I am facing a similar issue :

In my case  

1) I have reintialized the workflow if already in progress.

2) given an activation condition which makes sense

3) activity is set to execute immediately.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Supriya
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Mark Cullen_1
Message 4 of 7 (229 Views)

To execute a workflow once a week at a particular time, for bulk processing of records, then perform the following...

1 - Context of start object at workflow record: Workflow schemes (amWfScheme)

2 - Set or create an Execution Group (General tab) - this will relate to the scheduled task that Automated Process Manager will auto-create with ten minute default.

3 - Check flag for One single active workflow instance for an object (General tab)

4 - Start event (Activities tab)

4.1 - Type equals Periodical

4.2 - Activation conditions equals Ref = 'XXXX' (where XXXX is the workflow reference value of same workflow)

4.3 - Populate Parameters tab per your needs.  This is when you want the workflow to execute.  This is also the information you will use to update the auto-created scheduled task in Automated Process Manager.

5 - Open/Create workflow activity box

5.1 - Check flag for Execute actions immediately

5.2 - Add one or more non-contextual actions.  These have to be non-contextual since the workflow context is workflow schemes.

5.2.1 - Add logic to loop through all the records you want to process against (ie. Assets, Contracts, etc.).  These need to have query logic to identify all records (ie. amQueryExec(hqRecord,"SELECT lPortfolioItemId FROM amPortfolio...")).

6 - Open Automated Process Manager GUI

6.1 - Select 'Configure modules...' under Tools menubar.

6.2 - If the APM exeucted scheduled task to find new execution groups then your new execution group will be listed and show every ten minutes.

6.2.1 - Modify this scheduled task to mimic the schedule under Parameters tab of workflow start event.

6.3 - Exit and restart APM service

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Supriya25
Message 5 of 7 (223 Views)

Thank you so much for the detailed instructions , It solved my problem.

Supriya
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
xabdel
Message 6 of 7 (185 Views)

I'm very grateful for your help Mark.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Mark Cullen_1
Message 7 of 7 (181 Views)

Pleasure is mine...especially when Kudos are given.  ;o)

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation