Re: How to create counters for 'per processor' type licenses ? (106 Views)
Advisor
pradeepkeekan
Message 1 of 3 (159 Views)

How to create counters for 'per processor' type licenses ?

Hello,

I have to create a software counter for 'per processor' type license. For that I have created licenses in asset table with License type set to 'By number of CPUs'.

While creating software counter, I used Commercial -> By CPU -> By number of CPU's License type, when I clicked next it says 'No Counter template has been defined for the selected license type' .

How can this be done? Can anyone help me with this?

Regards,

Pradeep

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Priya_B
Message 2 of 3 (115 Views)

Re: How to create counters for 'per processor' type licenses ?

Hello Pradeep, 

Could you please let us know the version of Asset Manager you have ? 

When installing Asset Manager, did you install the SAM packages completely ?  Have you installed the SAM Best practice ? 

Open the Asset Manager Windows client.
2. Connect to the database.
3. Go to FileImport - Execute a script.
4. Import the file - C:\Program Files\HP\Asset Manager 9.xx en\datakit\bestprac\samtpl.scr ”. check if you have the templates. 

HP Support - If this post or any post helps you resolve an issue, please be sure to mark it as an acceptable solution.
Like a post, Please click Kudos to show appreciation !
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
AsukaRosenthal
Message 3 of 3 (106 Views)

Re: How to create counters for 'per processor' type licenses ?

Hello,

It does not appear that we provide a counter template for the license type "By number of CPUs" out of the box.

You might want to try using "By CPU" instead for your license type.  I believe that will give you what you're looking for.

Thank you,

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation