CIT 9.51: How to sequentially check incident number for multiple files? (185 Views)
Valued Contributor
Kvark
Message 1 of 1 (185 Views)

CIT 9.51: How to sequentially check incident number for multiple files?

[ Edited ]

Hello, 

maybe somebody can advise how I can parse XML files by CIT sequentially in all scenario but not in one logical block? 

I have scenario that reads XML files from folder with AlertID (which is uniq)  - and checks if any Incident exist for such AlertId (marked yellow) - if not exist - create it. If exist - update it or close (depending on aditional tags in XML file)

In my case - I have few files with same AlertId, but one is - for new alert and second - with update for same alert.

Now, they both, are checked for incident in one block (marked yellow) and return true (as such AlertId not in the system yet) after that they both are send to block that raise an incidents and a got 2 incident for same AlertId, but I want to create incident, and then update it.

So Its should check if incident exist first, if not exist - create it and only then pick up next file and do same check. 

Any advice how I can achieve this? 

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=
In wine wisdom!
In the beer force!
In water, the microbes...
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation